Mother’s day is right around the corner on Sunday, May 13 and this is always one of my favorite gift guides to put together. Not because it’s my own wish list–but rather, I’m a mom and these are things that have been gifted to me that absolutely made my day and put a smile on my face. These are the things she’ll love for sure.
1. A day dedicated to tackling all the projects on the honey-do list, like maybe that oversized art ledge, dark paneled wall, or engineer prints of the kids she pinned forever ago.
2. Comfortable shoes, like these Adidas Gazelles, she can wear every day without any stipulations of using them to work out.
3. Am I there Yet? by Mari Andrew — A book filled with illustrations of the complexities of adulthood that she’ll relate all to much to and laugh to herself through the whole thing.
4. An effortlessly gorgeous swim coverup and the promise of going somewhere warm so she can show it off.
5. A keepsake notebook for each child (I have one in 3 different colors that I love so much!), to keep on her nightstand and write down all the hilarious, notable things they say every day. On 4-22, Greta said, “I want to be a mom because I want to boss people around, but I don’t want to be a mom because I don’t want to kiss on the lips.” Ha!!
6. A framed family heirloom recipe, like grandma’s famous meatballs. This gold frame is thick and chunky and looks really expensive but is only $8! (image via)
7. A new lens for her camera so she can capture every day life beautifully. The nifty 50 is a classic and must-have. If you’re feeling especially generous, the 24-70mm changed the whole game for me.
8. A Target gift card (the holy grail!) and an afternoon the peruse the aisles alone (or with her bestie).
9. A Dinner Bell so she doesn’t have to shout when dinner is ready and it reminds her of her own mom every time.
10. If you’re going to give her flowers, make sure there’s a pretty vase like this one that they come in (and not one of those cheap glass ones that they often are sold in.) A vase that she’ll use forever and ever and is so pretty and all her friends will ask her where she got it. (Hint: You’re actually gifting her a very awesome vase.) $49
11. My absolute favorite masque so she can pamper herself any day of the week. $33
12. Belt Bag, aka Fanny Pack. Which maybe went out of style for a minute, but they’re back with a stylish vengeance–and thank goodness because is there anything more convenient!? $48
13. Bose Soundsport Wireless Headphones. The only headphones that fit comfortably in my tiny ear canals (it comes with a few different sizes, too!) and stay in even when I’m thrashing to old school Britney Spears at the gym.
14. The prettiest ceramic olive oil cruet because she’s a boss in the kitchen, but also likes it to look as nice as the food she makes.
15. Homebody t-shirt because there’s no place she’d rather be. (size down in your normal size in the men’s fit for a slouchy look, or size up in the women’s fit for more form-fitting)
More gifts for moms here and lots of gift ideas for women here!
Just ordered tee! Can’t wait to wear! Also thanks for awesome blog! Love your taste in home decor and furnishings, as well as all your posts!
Is this how you’re announcing your ProperTee line?!? Super excited!!
I have that dinner bell in a matte black. I have three boys and yelling for dinner was driving me crazy. They come running when i ring the bell. i also use it when tv time is over or if they get in a heated wrestling match. its kind of my favorite thing….
You guys have a clothing line too?? Is this old news and I’m just out of the loop?
Writing down the funny, sad, sweet, ridiculous things my (7) children say/have said is the best thing I have done as a mom. Yearly, we get requests for our Christmas letter. It is not your traditional, “my child is so smart, so great bc xyz.” Nope, we compile the letter based on what they say. My husband reads through the memory book of the last year, comes up with some themes, finds ways to incorporate a major trip we took or an 18th bday type event and it is so darn funny year after year. Kids really do say the darndest things! Way to go…that will be an amazing gift for generations to come!
The homebody T-shirt link doesn’t seem to be working.
Just so y’all know, the Homebody t-shirt link isn’t working – it says “page not found.” Not a mama yet, but can’t wait to pick up one of these for myself!
Just so y’all know, the Homebody T-shirt link didn’t work. It says, “page not found.” Not a mom yet, but will definitely be picking one of these up for myself!
The Homebody link isn’t working :-(
Homebody tshirt link isnt working :(
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
We recently painted our study a dark, moody green color. This is after we first painted it a muddy green, then repainted it a blue-gray. I guess what they say is true; third time’s a charm! The journey was worth it, though, because I’m so in love with this glossy green in contrast with the […]
We've been doing this since 2009 and we've posted a whopping 24145+ blog posts and counting. You might need a little help searching, huh?
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Welcome to our online community where we've posted home, DIY, style, renovations, and family since '09. Renovating our #cljmoderncottage in Idaho and headed for new adventures in Raleigh, NC. #cljfam #cljtransformations
Make yourself right at home
What do you think?