Mother’s day is right around the corner on Sunday, May 13 and this is always one of my favorite gift guides to put together. Not because it’s my own wish list–but rather, I’m a mom and these are things that have been gifted to me that absolutely made my day and put a smile on my face. These are the things she’ll love for sure.
2. Comfortable shoes, like these Adidas Gazelles, she can wear every day without any stipulations of using them to work out.
3. Am I there Yet? by Mari Andrew — A book filled with illustrations of the complexities of adulthood that she’ll relate all to much to and laugh to herself through the whole thing.
4. An effortlessly gorgeous swim coverup and the promise of going somewhere warm so she can show it off.
5. A keepsake notebook for each child (I have one in 3 different colors that I love so much!), to keep on her nightstand and write down all the hilarious, notable things they say every day. On 4-22, Greta said, “I want to be a mom because I want to boss people around, but I don’t want to be a mom because I don’t want to kiss on the lips.” Ha!!
8. A Target gift card (the holy grail!) and an afternoon the peruse the aisles alone (or with her bestie).
9. A Dinner Bell so she doesn’t have to shout when dinner is ready and it reminds her of her own mom every time.
10. If you’re going to give her flowers, make sure there’s a pretty vase like this one that they come in (and not one of those cheap glass ones that they often are sold in.) A vase that she’ll use forever and ever and is so pretty and all her friends will ask her where she got it. (Hint: You’re actually gifting her a very awesome vase.) $49
11. My absolute favorite masque so she can pamper herself any day of the week. $33
12. Belt Bag, aka Fanny Pack. Which maybe went out of style for a minute, but they’re back with a stylish vengeance–and thank goodness because is there anything more convenient!? $48
13. Bose Soundsport Wireless Headphones. The only headphones that fit comfortably in my tiny ear canals (it comes with a few different sizes, too!) and stay in even when I’m thrashing to old school Britney Spears at the gym.
14. The prettiest ceramic olive oil cruet because she’s a boss in the kitchen, but also likes it to look as nice as the food she makes.
15. Homebody t-shirt because there’s no place she’d rather be. (size down in your normal size in the men’s fit for a slouchy look, or size up in the women’s fit for more form-fitting)
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Over the weekend Brooke (our social media manager) and I went to the Parade of Homes in the Raleigh area and it was so fun to get a feel of how other people in our new area are living and living large! The purpose of the parade is so that home builders and designers can […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home