What are you up to this weekend? Our little Faye Faye (Faye-Fee, Fayebelizer) is turning 4 tomorrow! She asked for a swimming party, so we rented out a local hotel’s pool for two hours for her, a couple friends and cousins. Faye is love. She just exudes so much love. She never hit the terrible twos. Or threes. Even when she seemingly does something naughty, like cut all her hair off, it’s so cute you can’t even be mad! She’s just been a complete delight her whole life and thrives on affection–which is so easy to give her. I’m so excited to celebrate her this weekend.
Other fun things this week!
• Bon Appetit’s 14 Kitchen Tips worth memorizing. (It was fun quizzing Chris and I learned so much!)
• My travel make-up bag solicited 627 dms on Instagram this week. I have the gray (it sold out) but I dig the red, too! It’s a good one.
• The best decor to hang on your walls that isn’t photography. I really want to get in on the woven baskets/plates train because it’s so pretty every time I see it! I just gotta get over my fear of looking like a wannabe and try it!
• Here’s a thing. I love shopping for home goods at places like Wayfair because they have everything. The downside: they have everything so you better know what you’re looking for! Which is why I also love shopping at places like McGee&Co because it’s so curated and every. single. thing I love. The downside: I love every. single. thing. (Their spring collection just launched and I had to get these nesting batter bowls–I’m a sucker for anything that combines form and function. Somehow I passed on this Rattan Hanging basket (I love it with herbs in it hanging in the kitchen!) and this perfect alarm clock that I could actually base our entire guest room around.
• My favorite purchase this week (additional 40% off!). And my least favorite purchase. I like to whiten my teeth once a year and decided to veer away from my tried and true crest white strips. But this (despite the nearly 2000 positive reviews) was awful! So much less convenient. Uncomfortable. Bad experience! (I gave it a good 3 day try before ordering my favorite strips.)
• Our bathroom renovation is well on its way and I’m excited to share more about it here next week! It’s also time for our annual The Good, The Bad, Would We Do It Again post where we update you on things around our house that we’ve had, how they have worn and would we do it again. If you have something specific in your mind that you’d like an update on, let me know in the comments!
Hope you have a great weekend!
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Almost daily I get asked what I would call my home style. I don’t like to box myself in, but I definitely lean Modern Traditional with an emphasis on comfort when it comes to our home. This especially came up when I shared our Powder Bath Reveal on the blog. I think it changes slightly […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home