Fall is in full-swing here and we’re enjoying perfect jacket weather. We finished our outdoor kitchen just before our shoot a couple weeks ago, but can’t show you the full thing until the magazine comes out next summer! However, enjoy the sneak peek. :) Last night, Chris made turkey burgers with apple butter, arugula, whole grain mustard and aged white cheddar and it was the perfect bite of autumn. He absolutely loves the new grill that SABER Grills sent us, and no amount of cold weather is going to stop him. Seriously, if you’re looking to build an outdoor kitchen, these are the grills to get.
• We so appreciate all the condolences on behalf of Charly this week. It’s been so difficult for our whole family. We spent one whole night looking at puppies thinking getting another dog right away was the only way we were going to feel better, but then we realized, we need to grieve. It’s okay to be sad right now. We’re supposed to be sad after losing Charly. She was so special to us. So right now we’re grieving. So many things are helping us get through this difficult time, but a friend dropped off this book, Dog Heaven, and it has really helped our girls and it’s heart-warming for us too.
• I love to be cozy and warm, but still look put together when the weather gets chillier and H&M has the best sweatshirts that check all the boxes for me right now! I bought this knotted one, this ruffle-sleeve one, and this khaki green one (only $10!).
• Jenny consistently pulls out some of the best DIYs on the internet, and her tutorial for that little black fridge (that was a basic stainless apartment fridge to start with!) did not disappoint. Check out the easy tutorial here.
• A $56 Faux Fiddle Leaf with good reviews?! I’m intrigued!!
• The most intricate, tiny art studios. Amazing!
• Our halloween party is right around the corner, and while I’m not a seasonal decorator, I pull it out for the big night. These budget-friendly Black Iron Candelabras are classic and beautiful and my kind of Halloween decor. Can’t wait to use them year after year.
Hope you all have the best weekend! It’s Chris’s birthday today and we’re going up to the mountains and to a pumpkin patch with the girls and he always wants a Reese’s ice cream cake…so they’ll be that, too.