If you follow me on Instagram, over the last few days you’ve seen a bunch of our friends and family members, in sad spaces with signs saying #CLJtotheRescue.
And now we can finally spill the beans that we are, indeed, coming to somebody’s rescue and it could be yours! We’ve partnered with Lowe’s to makeover a space in somebody’s home–interior or exterior–and it can be anywhere in the country! There’s an application link at the end of this post and it will only be live now through Wednesday, February 10th at 11:59pm ET. The submission window is so short because Chris and I want to look over every application and select someone this week! Once an applicant is selected, we’ll work with you on a plan to make your dreams come to life over the next few weeks and then fly to your neck of the woods or desert or beach or country and make some magic happen! So, if there’s a spot in your home that needs a makeover, don’t hesitate!
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR EXACTLY? YOU MUST:
• Be looking to fix up a space within your residence. This can be an exterior or interior space. We’re no strangers to a good before and after but we want to stretch ourselves here.
• Have a makeover project that’s able to be completed within 24 hours. Chris and I (and a crew of Lowe’s volunteers!) will only be in your area for 2 days. So although we may not have time to completely gut a kitchen, or move plumbing, or replace your roof, I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised what we can get done.
• Be the owner of your home. Sorry, renters!
• Be outgoing, energetic, and fun with a unique story to tell. It doesn’t have to be a tear-jerker. It could be a hilarious, sad, deserving, heart-warming, disastrous or hopeful story. We just want to hear why you want this makeover!
• Be comfortable being on camera and/or interviewed by media.
• Be in need of expert design help from Chris Loves Julia.
• Be able to make quick decisions in order to keep tight timelines. We’ll all work on this one. Ha!
• Be available for a 2 day period to complete the makeover (between February 9 -May 1, 2016). We’re shooting to get this done in April sometime, but we’re flexible on dates.
• Allow photos of your home to be shared online. We’re bringing the big camera!
• Be 21 years of age or older to apply.
• Complete the online application form and agree to the Terms.
• To apply visit: lowesspringmakeover2016.castingcrane.com (or click on the black box below)
• We will only contact eligible participants.
If this sounds like you, your house, or someone you know (nominations welcome!) apply by clicking the black box below!
This post and project is sponsored by Lowe’s. Can’t wait to come see one of you!