Back in November, I felt inspired to share some Instagram accounts that are doing it all right, but still haven’t reached that magical number of 10,000 followers–and since, most all of those accounts have hit 10K or are really close! A few are almost at 50K! It’s not infrequent that I see a post pop up in my feed about top instagrammers to follow–and they generally highlight accounts that already have a healthy following, for good reason–those accounts, and the people behind them, are amazing, have vision and work hard at it! I always appreciate it when people introduce @chrislovesjulia to their friends! There’s no greater compliment.
But what about the smaller accounts that are doing amazing things, too? Here are 14 more accounts, with less than 10K followers that I’m loving following right now, and I think you will, too.
1. @lightanddwell | Oregon | current following: 8,936
Aymee and Molly are two friends who started an interior design business out of a love of relationships, design, hospitality, and making a house a home.
2. @jamiestephens917 | current following: 2,171
Jamie Stephens is a mom, avid thrifter, DIYer and interior designer. I love the way she captures life in her pretty home.
3. @raveinteriordesign | current following: 4,767
Melanie is an interior designer navigating through life and sharing the cutest photos of her home and tiny girl crew. (yes to moms of all girls!!)
4. @collective.studio | Toronto | current following: 1,433
Toronto based interior design firm of Jordy Fagan and Alana Firestone. Impeccable work that leaves me inspired every day.
5. @gracious_living_ | Brooklyn Park, Minnesota | current following: 2,429
Garrison Groustra definitely has an eye for design. I mean, look at this dreamy entryway.
6. @house_1924 | Milford, Delaware | current following: 1,509
Leigh and her husband Ben are preserving the historic charm of their 1924 colonial on a real life budget. It’s beautiful and inspiring and I want to move in.
7. @houseofhaveman | current following: 1,429
Heather Haveman’s love of design, style and making all things beautiful intersects with daily life as a wife and homeschool mom…and she has the prettiest red hair.
8. @thismainehouse | Maine | current following: 2,372
Sarah and Wes Day are a husband and wife team who are working on making their 1729 house a home in a really fresh meets old way.
9. @alma_rchavz | Southern California | current following: 4,204
Alma Chavz is a design loving, treasure hunting-thrifter.
10. @briannamichelledesign | Winter Park, Florida | current following: 2,787
Brianna Michelle Design is a full-service interior design firm whose work couldn’t be more timeless. Her design motto is “visually powerful, intellectually elegant and above all timeless.” I want to be her.
11. @lisafogt | Toronto, ON | current following: 2,189
Lisa Fogt’s sharing her clean, modern, 1969 home renovation. I study her photos because the rooms are so and minimal.
12. @natashalevak | Australia | 2,946
Natasha Levak is a contemporary designer who brings interiors together. She was also responsible for this bathroom I shared and drooled all over.
13. @wendymaurodesign | Charleston | current following: 1,170
Wendy Mauro is a design consultant who brings a lot of real life renovations to instagram.
14. @5girlsoneboy | Seattle | current following: 1,435
Greenbank Development is a family-run business focussed on building and designing homes in residential communities with high-end finishes.