This week had a lot of highs and lows with healing from my eye surgery (I’ll touch more on next week), finalizing an exciting partnership launching later this year, to somewhat abruptly closing another chapter–more on that in Monday’s podcast. But maybe what feels most exciting is finalizing a lot of the finishes for the bathroom. We decided to go with option 1 from our vanities post earlier this week and we feel so good about it. Thank you so much for all of your input, voting in the poll and sharing all your personal experiences. It’s so incredible to have a community here of people so willing to share what has worked for them. Thank you.
Other fun things this week!
• Our his and her nightstand styling post went live on Crate & Barrel’s site this week! Although they have slightly changed, it was fun putting together two different looks with them. Check it out here.
• Speaking of nightstands, one addition to Chris’s has been a second white Sonos speaker. I got him the smart speaker for Christmas and it’s been in the kitchen and we have loved it so much, we got a second for the bedroom. Not only is the sound quality top notch, it is Alexa enabled, so it feels like we have a personal butler in our bedroom, dimming lights, putting on music…you know.
• I could have written this tweet.
• Watching Jenny Komenda’s Gentry project on her stories this week has been like the best home television show I’ve seen in a long time. She pulls out so many great DIY and budget tips. She saved it in her highlights under Gentry Living. Go watch!
• I think I better just start including a link to my sunglasses in every Casual Friday–I get asked about them more than any other thing in my life! They’re good!
• I was helping a friend with her bathroom renovation this week, and stumbled upon this Etsy shop with ridiculously good lighting options at really good prices! I rarely think to check Etsy for lighting, but now I’m working on a roundup of good sources for just that.
Hope you all have a good weekend! I’ll be back tomorrow with a few great weekend sales!
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Over the weekend Brooke (our social media manager) and I went to the Parade of Homes in the Raleigh area and it was so fun to get a feel of how other people in our new area are living and living large! The purpose of the parade is so that home builders and designers can […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home