Chris and I are headed to the cabin this weekend, just the two of us. We’re calling it our Valentine’s day getaway. A few pieces have arrived for bedrooms and I’ve never been so excited to make a bed. I came across the bedroom above (via) and it felt a lot like the cabin vibes we’re going for. Plus, how amazing is that paint color!? True cozy, cabin vibes. Warm colors. Worn materials. I bought a quilt this week. A quilt! (This one that is 60% off) I’ll be sure to share a lot of sneak peeks on my Instagram stories.
Other fun things this week!
• I remember on Monday, looking at my calendar, and thinking I don’t feel like I am going to make it to Friday! The week was stacked against me. And yet, here we are. We made it! Time always passes. Things get checked off. And some of the less important things don’t. Time has a way of prioritizing things even when it’s hard for us to do so. Something I recently did for myself was buy a physical planner (a novel thought!)–I found this Master Plan one at TJMaxx for $8 (although it’s definitely worth the $20 price tag)! I have a lot of digital list makers–we’re long time Wunderlist users) and digital calendars that all sync up. But nothing puts my mind at ease like physically writing something down. And seeing, at a glance, what the day holds. This specific planner has the month at a glance and weeks broken up with ample space to write more daily tasks, plus an extensive notes section. I really love it.
• Burning this incredibly fresh Lynsing candle to welcome in Spring. We’re ready for you! (Plus, prettiest candle ever).
• I love babies, birth stories and nurseries and I’m getting my FILL over at Yellow Brick Home. Did you see Lucy’s nursery!? That baby? That camera light?! I’m obsessed.
• Speaking of babies, our friends, who started Baby Blueprint, are celebrating their one year business anniversary! We love our custom rose ultrasound print of Polly and love seeing them in so many of your homes, too. Use the code CLJ15 for 15% off through Saturday.
• Me, to a T.
• We received a late Christmas present from one of my sisters, that I can’t help but share. A hand made guest log for our cabin, made by @dskidesign, with an illustration inset drawn by my sister @victoriabradleystudio. Talk about an amazing gift, we’ll treasure forever.
• Lastly, Thanks for all your wonderful comments this week. I really love hearing from you, whether about projects we’ve done that you tried, or conversations that break the barrier between blogger and user. We appreciate you chiming in.
Ps. Monday, we’re releasing a podcast episode we’ve been working on for a long time! We interviewed 4 designers (that you definitely know) about how they broke into the industry being self-taught. It’s eye-opening and inspiring and I can’t wait for you to hear what they had to say. If you aren’t subscribed to our podcast, do so here (it’s free!) so you won’t miss it.