Fall arrived in Idaho this week, with cooler temperatures (in the 50s-60s), crisp mornings and lots of rain. It has me lighting all the candles (this Fig one is a new favorite!), and assessing my wardrobe because “I haven’t worn that all summer, I’ll probably never wear it again” and layering on my snuggly long lost cardigans. But, as silly as it sounds, one of my favorite things about the sun going down earlier (and earlier!) is that I get to enjoy our evening lighting a little longer. I love to switch on all of our lamps as the sun is setting–you know I’m a lamp lover!–and enjoy that warm glow throughout the house all evening. Especially with our new entry lamps–everything feels cozier with a lamp on.
Other fun things this week!
• Last weekend we shot a promo video for HP’s Envy printer (this one in particular) that involved re-styling the reading room in the photo above. It was a long 2 days but everyone is enjoying the refresh–apparently especially Charly. I’ll spill more details on the room and project soon!
• This coat looks way more expensive than $79.
• We got this beautiful park bench for the side yard playground (more to come on that next week!) and I adore it. Polly and I spend many hours sitting on it watching the girls play.
• Everyone needs a hug. 4 hugs a day for survival, 8 hugs a day for maintenance and 12 hugs a day for growth.
• It’s not officially Fall until I buy a black turtleneck, right? (Purchased this one for 40% off yesterday!)
• Jerry Before Seinfeld comes out next week (the 19th!) and I’ve only watched the trailer 7 times. Can’t wait!
• We had an interesting comment come in on our How to Grow Your Instagram Account Organically post, saying that it was worth it to them to buy Instagram followers. I could not disagree more, really! (And I told them that.) But the comment really stuck with me this week. How much of our self-worth do we put on a number that we are willing to pay to increase that number to reflect a false sense of influence to others (followers and brands, I assume) and, in-turn, a false sense of self-worth? It’s mind-boggling! If you have thoughts on the subject, I’d love to hear it.
Take an extra 15% off Pottery Barn’s Outdoor selection with code EXTRA15. Many of the items are already marked down 40-60%, so there are definitely A LOT of steals! Like, Ikea prices!
Extra 25% off all of Anthropologie’s sale items! (My favorite kinds of sales are sales on sale items. Truly.)
Serena & Lily: 20% off all bedding, beds and upholstery with code GETCOMFY.
Hope you all have a happy Fall weekend! We updated the Shop Our House page this week, if you’re ever curious where something in our home is from. :)