Over here, we had a goo-od weekend. We worked on a few projects for the house and had an afternoon date that extended late into the evening on Saturday where we shopped and ate and just spent time together while Greta had the time of her life at a harvest festival with our neighbor, who adores Greta and is the best babysitter around. Fortunately, I snapped a couple photos to share, too.
1. After a hunt (on a budget!) we finally came home with some wood to top the sides and top of our fauxdenza in the living room. Chris spent some quality time sanding and staining it this weekend (in bare feet?) and promised me, we'll have finished photos for you all this week.
2. A credenza on the verge of completion meant we got to put our shopping shoes on! Next time, my "shopping shoes" will not be my new cheetah print ballet flats from Target. Is there anything worse than trying to put on a happy face when your feet are barking? Fortunately our new credenza lamps made smiling (and happy dancing) effortless. After scouring 4 or 5 stores, we finally found thee perfect lamps for us.
3. Also on our day date/night we picked up more credenza decor. That skull. I couldn't help myself.
4. We just bought this candle a week ago from Bath & Body Works and it is so close to being gone. It is definitely my favorite scent we've tried and although it is almost gone--we aren't rationing it in any way. When it is gone, we will buy another one. It's that good. And scented candles (especially fall/Christmas ones) makes me that happy.
5. There was a small addition to our kitchen. Chris has wanted to hang his knife strip forever and this weekend, after sharpening his knives, he asked if I would mind having the knives hung somewhere. We eyeballed a couple different places in the kitchen and this wall to the left of the stove made the most sense. I was worried it would be an eye-sore but I don't mind them one bit. Plus, they are so convenient to grab.
6. Lastly, a sweet photo of our table company at dinner on Saturday night. We went to Pallet in Salt Lake city and I wish I could have taken photos of the entire place. The atmosphere was just as lovely as the food. Seriously, divine. And those succulents?! I die.
How was your weekend??