A quick, light, delicious Thai coconut curry you can whip up in less than 30 minutes. We eat ours with riced cauliflower, but steamed jasmine rice is another great option as well.
Thai White Fish Curry
Easy to make, lots of flavor, and comforting. This dish can be completed, start to finish, in less than 30 minutes and will be devoured by all at the table.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp yellow curry paste Mae Ploy brand preferred
- 1 tsp garlic fresh, minced
- 1/4 tsp ginger fresh, mashed
- 1/4 tsp lemongrass fresh, mashed
- 2 14oz cans coconut milk full fat
- 1 zucchini squash cut into quarters and sliced
- 5 mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 5 portions white fish such as sole, cod, halibut, rockfish etc.
- cilantro for garnish
- 1 lime cut into wedges
In a medium pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the curry paste, garlic, ginger, and lemongrass, and sauté for 5 minutes.
Add the coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Add the zucchini and mushrooms and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the fish sauce, sugar and vegetable broth and stir to combine. Add the fish and simmer for 5 more minutes.
Serve in a bowl next to riced cauliflower or jasmine rice. Top with a few cilantro leaves and a squeeze of fresh lime.
|Cast Iron Pot||Cutting Board||Santoku Knife|