Very few meals become regulars around our home, because I love cooking new things all the time. But this meal is so good (and so easy), that I make it at least twice a month. Even more during the summer months.
You can watch the full video on how to make here on CLJTV, right here. (on desktop, be sure to click on the image to play the video)
Salt & Vinegar Chicken
- 1 whole chicken butchered into its individual pieces (thighs, legs, breasts, wings)
- 1 quart distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat grill on medium high.
- Combine the vinegar, salt, sugar, garlic powder, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl. Stir until the salt and sugar are completely dissolved.
- Add the chicken to the liquid, with the meatiest parts facing down. Let marinade for 15 minutes.
- Carefully oil the grill grate. Add the chicken pieces, skin side down, and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 20-30 minutes, until the thighs and legs have reached an internal temperature of 175, and the breasts and wings have reached an internal temperature of 165.
Grilled Corn Salad
- 4 ears corn still on the cob, husks on
- 12 cherry tomatoes diced
- 1 hot house cucumber diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- TT salt
- TT black pepper
- 1 lime zest & juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Preheat your grill on medium high.
- Place the corn directly onto the grill grates, with the husks still on. Grill over medium heat for 20-25 minutes, rotating as the husk begins to darken. Remove from the grill, carefully shuck, and set aside to cool.
- Dice the tomatoes and cucumber. Chop the cilantro and green onion. Add those ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Once cooled, cut the kernels from the corn cob and add the kernels to the other ingredients. Season with salt, pepper, the zest from half of the lime and the juice from the lime. You may not need all of the lime juice, so use your discretion.
- Add the olive oil, stir to combine, taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
I hope y’all enjoy! Have a wonderful Sunday, and be sure to let me know if you give this a try.