This post was created from a real life moment. We were getting our room ready to shoot an update last week and I asked Andi, our Visual Media Producer, to give me a hand putting the duvet cover on. To which she said, “Tell me I don’t have to crawl inside. I ALWAYS crawl inside of mine.” We both started laughing hysterically because the image was too relatable. But no, no crawling inside for my method. I’ve also seen a few tutorials on how to put a duvet cover on and they all involved rolling it and I just never…grasped that. So no rolling here, either.
And the best part, it actually takes under 2 minutes, but we gave you an extra minute in the title in case you’re doing this by yourself–which you can totally do.
We made a short play-by-play (uncut!) video to show you in real time just how easy it is, but in case you want the play by play in text–read on.
- Lay the Duvet cover INSIDE OUT flat on your bed. (I like to have the opening at the top)
- Lay the Duvet insert flat directly on top of the cover.
- Tie each of the corners.
- From the open end, reach your arm inside and grasp the furthest inside corner (s).
- With a flick of the wrist, pull the far corners through the opening and lift up so the rest of the duvet falls straight.
- Ta-da! Your duvet is now together and right side out!
If you need more of a visual, I hope you’ll watch the short video above! It’s so easy that Andi made us take OFF the duvet so she could record a video of it on the spot. Haha.
And since you’re no longer frustrated by duvets (right?!) as a bonus, we rounded up a bunch of our favorite covers and inserts below! We currently #6 (king size–gray!) and the number 1 insert. But I’m seriously crushing on ALL of these.
1. Painterly Stripe Duvet Cover: $129
2. Cedar Duvet Cover: $260
3. Classic Duvet Cover: $107
4. Olive Duvet Set: $325
5. Linen Duvet Cover: $224
6. Lightweight Linen Duvet Cover Set: $93
7. Duvet Cover Set Linen Blend Yarn Dye Stripe: $69
8. MagicLinen Duvet Cover: $194
9. Georgine Embroidered Floral Duvet Cover: $169
10. Coyuchi Rippled Stripe Organic Duvet Cover: $298
11. Terra Cotta Duvet: $477
12. Rugged Striped Duvet Cover Set: $33
13. Linen Wide Stripe Warm White Duvet Cover: $224
14. Woodward Duvet & Shams: $279
15. Organic Flannel Solid Duvet Cover: $99
16. Honeycomb Cotton Duvet Cover & Shams: $149
17. ECOCOTT 3 Pieces Duvet Cover Set: $52
18. MagicLinen Duvet Cover: $194
19. Woven Sunday Market Duvet Cover: $248
20. Bedsure 100% Washed Cotton Duvet Cover: $45
1. Warm Down Comforter: $149
2. All Season Down Alternative Comforter: $32
3. HydroCool™ Down-Alternative Duvet Insert: $164
4. Goose Down Comforter Duvet Insert: $114
5. Big and Bold All Season Down Alternative Comforter: $52
Hope this helped a few people that were still crawling inside of their duvet covers.