Last week on Instagram I shared how I gave my home the post-holiday reset it so badly craves at the end of the year. One of my followers actually commented “no winter decor?” It really got me thinking about seasonal decor and how I’m not typically the kind of person to decorate my home seasonally. I just don’t need my decor to tell me what season it is. I have windows for that. Even for the holidays, I really only decorate for Christmas and occasionally I like to spookify our house for Halloween. That being said, I realized I do love refreshing for every season. Not with something that is so literal, but more with pieces that capture how a season feels or how I want to feel–in winter, that’s cozy and layered and warm.
I want our home to feel like it gives comfort to our family, and to anyone who might stop by and I really think that can be found in the details. Whether you arrange some juniper branches in a vase, fold a plaid blanket over an ottoman, or light a cedar and moss candle, these changes can evolve a space, appeal to the senses and transform a home into a more intimate winter haven.
(Yes! Those 4 ft trees are gonna stay there all winter!) We rounded up some winter decor options for you, because it feels so good to refresh a few things every season. There’s something for every budget really, and I hope this helps fill the gap in from Christmas to Spring for you, too!
(You might recognize some of these in our home).
1. Vintage Tree Sketch $6 – perfect for switching our artwork on a framed tv
2. Charcoal Winterscape $19 – reminds me of all the good memories we had at our cabin
3. Winter Bluff $24+ – the cool tones give me all the feels
4. Mini Pinecone Branches $23 – you just can’t go wrong with branches
5. Faux Berry Spray $28 – these berry branches are so whimsical
6. Cedar Pine $69 – love seeing these on our front porch
7. Moss & Cedar Candle $24 – candles can change the feeling in a room entirely
8. Good Medicine Cordovan Candle $32 – matte black will forever be a favorite of mine
9. Maison Louis Marie No.2 Le Long Fond Candle $34 – you had me at “notes of cedar”
10. Boucle Throw $40 – so soft, so comfy
11. Fringed Woven Throw $40 – this would just look so good over the back of a sofa
12. Amorie Throw $75 – plaid is such a winter staple
13. Birch Logs $20 – is it possible to love these more than I love my winter branches?
14. Fireplace Tool Set $149 – perfect addition to any hearth
15. Fireplace Screen $299 – practical and beautiful
16. Down To Earth: Laid-back Interiors for Modern Living $28 – I love a good coffee table book
17. Hide and Seek: The Architecture of Cabins and Hideouts $45 – inspiring and so satisfying to flip through
18. Natural Elegance: Luxurious Mountain Living $57 – the perfect book to transport you to the mountains
19. Match Striker $29 – have you seen a cuter match display?
20. Windowpane Jute Doormat $148 – would love to see this on a front porch
21. Coat Rack $69 – this lives in our front entry and it’s so substantial