One of the projects we’re focusing on this year (as outlined in this post) is the hallways. Often forgotten about, and yet, passed through all. the. time. We have two significant hallways (upstairs and downstair) we want to make some intentional design decisions about and I always gather inspiration first.
The thing I realized makes a hallway for me? Lighting. (With some beams as a close second, although not really possible in our hallways since one side of the hall ceiling extends into neighboring spaces ). A lot of these inspiration photos have a semi-flush mount or pendant light, if you have taller ceilings, but a flush mount in place of a can like can add equal character. In addition to sharing some inspo, we rounded up 40 OF OUR favorite ceiling lights we’re crushing on right now, ranging in price from $11 to $500 below.
1. How does this hallway have so much going on and yet feels so minimal? The paneled ceiling + beams + 4 pendants + barn doors + art. My thoughts? There’s a tight color scheme throughout. The white planked ceiling eases into the white walls. The beams correspond with the floor and even the pendants glass and black are echoed in the doors. Such a cohesive hallway!
2. This is uber traditional and a lot more grand but I still pulled so much from this. Sometimes if I have something great, like all the most beautiful trim in the world, I feel like it should be highlighted. But the restraint here is shown in the calm color palette.
3. This hall has always been a show stopper because is there anything more lovely than walking down a hallway of perfectly framed family photos?
4. These lights slay me. The warmth in this hallway (and the peek into the neighboring rooms) is so welcoming and those glow-y pendants absolutely add to the ambiance. Can you imagine what this hallway would be with can lights instead? Kind of meh, right?!
5. Not my style, per se, but such a great use of texture here! These lights added so much warmth.
6. I think this hallway proves that sometimes more is more is more is more.
7. I had to throw in my favorite flush mount example. It’s simple and striking!
8. There’s a lot to unpack here, and I still have some questions like, how tall ARE the ceilings where the pendants hang down, but my biggest takeaway is to allow lighting exude your personality. Have fun with it.
9. Generally, hallway lights light up an entire area but this example was so unique because it used pendants that only cast light down. I think it works!
I actually rounded up ALL of these lights as we were trying to decide for our home and I STILL can’t decide. There are so many great ones. … I just tried to look at them and decide again and nope! I love so many. #2 is such a steal. #11 is incredible. #34 feels classic! I hope to make a decision this week–which one is your favorite from below.
1. Halo Globe Flush Mount Light: $99
2. Flush Mount Round Ceiling Light: $11
3. Handblown Glass Globe Shade Semi-Flush Mount Ceiling Fixture: $157
4. Callahan Milk Glass Flush Mount: $159
5. Pittock Semi-Flush Ceiling Fixture: $349
6. Modern Brass Glass Ceiling Light: $119
7. Satellite 4“: $189
8. Quorum Wall Sconce: $63
9. Mager 1-Light Semi Flush Mount: $44
10. Tanner Globe Flush Mount: $248
11. Mark 1-Light 13″ Semi Flush Mount: $136
12. Deshields 1-Light Flush Mount: $159
13. Tapered White Schoolhouse Light Fixture Flush Mount: $193
14. Sculptural Glass Pebble Flushmount: $79
15. Gatsby Flush Mount: $298
16. 11″ Wide Semi-Flush Ceiling Fixture: $62
17. Brickey 1 – Light 10.2″ Semi Flush Mount: $68
18. Huntley Oil Rubbed Bronze Farmhouse Semi Flush Mount Ceiling Light: $128
19. Collier 1-Light Flush Mount: $449
20. Vedder 1-Light Semi Flush Mount: $48
21. Schrock 2-Light Semi-Flush Mount: $157
22. Nyle 1-Light Semi Flush Mount: $108
23. PB Classic Farmhouse Metal Flush Mount: $151
24. Sculptural Metal Flushmount: $129
25. Rigdon 13″ Semi-Flush Fixture: $499
26. PB Classic Industrial Flush Mount – Milk Glass: $189
27. Denice 3-Light Flush Mount: $207
28. Minka Lavery Semi Flush Mount Ceiling Light: $269
29. Golden Lighting Duncan 14″ Flush Mount in Aged Brass with a Black Shade: $95
30. Hamlin 2 light 12 inch flat black flush mount: $94
31. Shaler 1-Light Semi-Flush Mount: $173
32. Haleigh 3 – Light Unique / Statement Geometric Chandelier: $308
33. Four-Sided Glass Hanging Pendant Lamp: $99
34. Hundi Flush Mount: $209
35. Varnum 4 – Light Lantern Geometric Pendant: $139
36. White Pendant Light: $99
37. Black Pendant Light: $89
38. Cabo Small Woven Pendant Light: $249
39. Valencia Pendant Lamp Brass: $94
40. Caleb Adjustable 6-Light 28″ Brass Cluster Pendant: $249
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Last week, Chris and I had the incredible opportunity to travel to London for work. We were invited by Williams Sonoma and William Morris and Co to preview their newest collaboration and the inspiration behind it. It was my first time in London and although it was a quick trip, they brought us all over […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home