Tonight’s our 7th annual costume party! Last year was our craziest year yet and I think we learned a lot from having over 200 people show up. This year, we tried to cut down the guest list and decided to make a big pot of chili, corn bread, apple cider and homemade rootbeer (the dry ice just makes it) and ask our guests to bring a treat to share. It’s our first time asking others to bring something, but everyone has been so awesome, and even excited about it! We have been decorating the house this week and I can’t wait to show you our costumes!
Other fun things this week:
• I’m so glad so many of you have enjoyed our podcast about Instagram this week! We’ve had so many wonderful comments, emails and messages about your thoughts on buying followers, growing your instagram account and how you’re looking at Instagram completely differently now. Keep ’em coming!
• I love these pumpkins in the fireplace via Sarah Tucker.
• Extra 25% off sale prices at Anthropologie this weekend! (You know I love sales on sale).
• There’s only a few more days to vote for us in the Domino Design Blog Awards. We’re up for Best Renovation blog and would LOVE your vote. You can vote once per day and it takes 25 seconds, right here.
• These extremely versatile, budget-friendly wooden decor vases that we tend to move all over the house because they look good everywhere are back in stock!
• Since the arrival of Instagram Stories, our followers are seeing a lot more of my face and I get questions every single day about what makeup I wear. You guys are nice! I’ve mentioned a few products here before, but I thought I’d give you a full look inside my makeup bag. I’m all about the 5 minute face…when I wear it. For every day, I like to keep it fresh looking and these products really help me feel and look that way.
Urban Decay Naked 3 Eye Shadow Palette: I got this as a gift over two years ago and I still have yet to see the bottom of a shadow pot. I don’t wear eye shadow every day, but when I do, it’s from this palette that stays on all day. I especially love trick (6th from the left) for my lids and factory (4th from the right) for under my eye.
Anastasia Brow Wiz: I’ve been wearing this brow definer for a couple years now and absolutely love it. I feel confident skipping the eye-liner most days because this brings such beautiful definition to my eye area that stays all day long. I wear Medium Brown.
iT Cosmetics CC+ Cream: This is what I use as my foundation, but it looks nothing like foundation on my face. It’s anti-aging, hydrating and has an SPF 50. It’s full coverage in the lightest way, and covers my pregnancy melasma with no problems. I love the way this feels on my skin and their tag-line, “Your Skin but Better” definitely rings true. I wear Medium.
L’oreal Voluminous Million Lashes: There’s nothing quite like this $4 mascara. It doesn’t clump or flake. A few months ago, I got eyelash extensions and loved them, but had trouble making time for fills every 3 weeks. So it’s back to my old faithful.
iT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye: Truthfully, I just started using this after Polly was born and I started looking like a zombie. It erases everything. It’s a very concentrated, anti-aging, waterproof concealer. It also helps my under eye area feel very hydrated. Sometimes, I might swipe some down the center of my nose, too. I wear Medium (Light Medium).
Babo Botanicals Lip Tint: Babo sent us a few baby products when Polly was born and included these in the package and I’m addicted. I’ve always been a chapstick girl, and these tints are spot on. I wear either Seka Rose (lighter pink) or Wild Rose (a perfect berry) daily, and sometimes I even layer them. They smooth, soften and have an SPF 15.
Smashbox Studio Skin 24 Hour Waterproof Concealer: This actually stays on forever. If I have a long day out ahead of me. I wear light.
Maybelline FaceStudio: This is a budget-friendly highlighting blush that won’t run out. I love the mult-dimension color and the shimmer it gives. I wear Pink Rose.
Too Faced Sun Bunny Natural Bronzer: I have never loved a bronzer like I love this bronzer. It makes me look instantly alive, fresh and sun-kissed, but not like a bad fake tan. I often use it in place of blush, but it’s a desert island pick for sure.
The Balm Bahama Mama Bronzer: This bronzer has a more ashy color to it and I use it to contour my cheek bones, nose and under my jaw line. It’s the perfect shadow color and sometimes I skip eye shadow and just brush this on my lids, too.
Brushes: I used to use my hands to put on my CC cream and since switching to this “airbrush foundation brush” my skin looks 1000x better. I use this brush for contouring. This brush for eyes and nose. And this brush for cheeks!