For the last few years, we’ve been living in the most ideal situation that could exist–my parents have lived next door. And before you secretly go whisper-ask Chris if he felt the same way, he really does. We’re incredibly close to both of our parents. My mom is our nanny during the days so that’s been amazing, but also having them over for dinner almost daily, our girls walking over to see their grandparents whenever they want. It’s something that we never took for granted. But now my parents have decided to move–downsize–and it has us weighing our options…again. We toyed with the idea previously and obviously everything has been up in the air since the fire at our cabin. Ultimately, we thought it was best not to make any huge life decisions while emotions were so high.
Insurance still has not been able to investigate the cause of the fire at the cabin since it is still (!!) covered in snow, but after a warm week, we’re hopeful that will start soon so we can feel some closure with that situation. In the meantime, we have started casually house-hunting and making a short list of things we’d need to do to our home to get it ready to sell (let me know if you’re interested, for real!)–mainly, finish trimming out the stairwell and touch up some paint. Also, after looking at hundreds of houses listed online, do you know which ones always catch my eye? The ones I ALWAYS click on?! The exteriors photographed with glowy lights on inside taken while it’s almost dusk (like the beautiful cottage above by Rachel Deeks Design.) It’s so incredibly inviting, I’m taking notes for our future listing.
Other fun things this week!
• For mom
• We took advantage of World Market’s big 20% off all outdoor sale and ordered this dining table and matching benches for the deck and they are beautiful and substantial and fit so many people! Highly recommend. Also, this $24 coral ceramic vase is insanely good. (Snapped the below photo yesterday morning after a rainfall. Idaho summer mornings are magical.) Ps–I got these faux ferns to green up our deck for a shoot before our trees come in and they. are. awesome! And huge! 1 stem will fill a huge planter!
• This Potato Airbnb is the most Idaho thing I’ve ever seen.
• My favorite SimpleHuman mirror is on sale today! (It’s a life changer and has really helped me take better care of my skin–seeing how dry and damaged it looked so clearly for the first time will do that. Haha)
• Last week, we launched a don’t wait shirt through Propertee (it’s embroidered and the best fit! TTS) and it has been so inspiring and moving to read all of your reasons to not wait to be happy, to apologize, to live. So many great comments in the Instagram post linked below.
View this post on Instagram
Don’t wait until they’re older to take that vacation. Don’t wait until it’s perfect to invite someone in. Don’t wait until the room is finished to take and share a photo. Don’t wait until your skin is clear or your size is ideal. Don’t wait until the house is spotless to be grateful for its walls. Don’t wait to start working towards your goals. Don’t wait until you think you have it all figured out. Don’t wait until another house/flip/cabin comes along to feel like you can start working. Don’t wait to celebrate. Don’t wait to enjoy. Don’t wait to be happy. Don’t wait to live. *Just a few of my ‘don’t waits’ I’ve been jotting down and living by since our cabin burned down, broke me and woke me up two months ago. Would love to hear yours in the comments.* New embroidered tee now available through @proper.tee 🖤#dontwait
• I’ve been wearing this white short-sleeved courier shirt for two years now once Spring rolls around, and every time I put it on, I get asked about it. It’s just one of those classic staples that every closet needs. Even my mom wants one!