Something about me is I love to sit on the floor. Even subconsciously I’ll sometimes choose the floor over a couch, chair or, well, bed. I think it started when I had our oldest daughter and I found myself sitting on the floor to play with her and be closer to her. And now, 9 years later–I’m still doing it. When Chris catches me (especially by myself with no kids in sight), he always makes a comment that gets me laughing.
This week we got this new Sarah Sherman Samuels X Lulu & Georgia rug in. It was originally going to be for Greta’s room but I couldn’t resist trying it in our room and eeeks, I love it. However it’s definitely one of those rugs that would look good anywhere. I love the softer color way with an oatmeal background and warm brown stripes. We got a 9×12 and I ordered this rug pad for underneath (that’s still en route). I think it will probably end up in one of the girls’ rooms–but new carpet is coming first. And if you’re curious my opinion on rugs over carpet–FOR IT! Especially in kid rooms.
Other fun things this week:
• These Birkenstock knock-off House Slippers are exacccctttly what I’ve been looking for.
• My go-to afternoon snack when I need a crunch? These Grain Free No Cheese Paleo Cheese Puffs. Even my sister who doesn’t have any dietary restrictions loved them.
• Most asked for source this week? This spotted sweater I wore. (I love the sides! wear a med)
• Almost a year ago, I got put on some thyroid medication that didn’t agree with me. And it took me and my medical team 6 months to get me off of it and switched over. The main issue was it made me break out like I have never experienced. Ever since, I have been working with an aesthetician to get my skin clear again and reverse any scarring. We’re almost there, but right before a big video shoot we were having, I could feel my cheek on the verge of a zit. A deep one. It’s the last thing I needed, so I went to her in a panic and said–I need this gone in 2 days! She gave me a small sample of professional grade CBD oil and, I’m not kidding!, it never showed up. It disappeared. I rubbed the oil all over my face morning and night for as long as the sample lasted and my face has NEVER been so clear. It was a professional product, so I don’t have a link to it, but I put a call out to our Instagram followers and these were the top 4 CBD Face Oils you all recommended:
• We’re cleaning out our garage this weekend and are purging!!! We didn’t have a chance to do that before we moved, because it happened so quickly. So we’re shooting for a garage sale next week! I’ll keep you locals posted.
Lastly, here are some killer Weekend Sales happening this weekend:
Crate&Barrel: 15% off bedroom furniture
McGee & Co: Free shipping on sale
Overstock: Red Tag Sale
Williams Sonoma: 20-50% off Fall Kickoff Event
World Market: 20% off, plus free shipping over $75, with code THANKS20