Something about me is I love to sit on the floor. Even subconsciously I’ll sometimes choose the floor over a couch, chair or, well, bed. I think it started when I had our oldest daughter and I found myself sitting on the floor to play with her and be closer to her. And now, 9 years later–I’m still doing it. When Chris catches me (especially by myself with no kids in sight), he always makes a comment that gets me laughing.
This week we got this new Sarah Sherman Samuels X Lulu & Georgia rug in. It was originally going to be for Greta’s room but I couldn’t resist trying it in our room and eeeks, I love it. However it’s definitely one of those rugs that would look good anywhere. I love the softer color way with an oatmeal background and warm brown stripes. We got a 9×12 and I ordered this rug pad for underneath (that’s still en route). I think it will probably end up in one of the girls’ rooms–but new carpet is coming first. And if you’re curious my opinion on rugs over carpet–FOR IT! Especially in kid rooms.
Other fun things this week:
• These Birkenstock knock-off House Slippers are exacccctttly what I’ve been looking for.
• My go-to afternoon snack when I need a crunch? These Grain Free No Cheese Paleo Cheese Puffs. Even my sister who doesn’t have any dietary restrictions loved them.
• Most asked for source this week? This spotted sweater I wore. (I love the sides! wear a med)
• Almost a year ago, I got put on some thyroid medication that didn’t agree with me. And it took me and my medical team 6 months to get me off of it and switched over. The main issue was it made me break out like I have never experienced. Ever since, I have been working with an aesthetician to get my skin clear again and reverse any scarring. We’re almost there, but right before a big video shoot we were having, I could feel my cheek on the verge of a zit. A deep one. It’s the last thing I needed, so I went to her in a panic and said–I need this gone in 2 days! She gave me a small sample of professional grade CBD oil and, I’m not kidding!, it never showed up. It disappeared. I rubbed the oil all over my face morning and night for as long as the sample lasted and my face has NEVER been so clear. It was a professional product, so I don’t have a link to it, but I put a call out to our Instagram followers and these were the top 4 CBD Face Oils you all recommended:
• We’re cleaning out our garage this weekend and are purging!!! We didn’t have a chance to do that before we moved, because it happened so quickly. So we’re shooting for a garage sale next week! I’ll keep you locals posted.
Lastly, here are some killer Weekend Sales happening this weekend:
Crate&Barrel: 15% off bedroom furniture
McGee & Co: Free shipping on sale
Overstock: Red Tag Sale
Williams Sonoma: 20-50% off Fall Kickoff Event
World Market: 20% off, plus free shipping over $75, with code THANKS20
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Over the weekend Brooke (our social media manager) and I went to the Parade of Homes in the Raleigh area and it was so fun to get a feel of how other people in our new area are living and living large! The purpose of the parade is so that home builders and designers can […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home