It was an exciting first week back at our home! Painting started around the house. Flooring got laid in our office and we moved back into the space. Because, yes, we had to move EVERYTHING out of the office for two days while they did the floors. Let’s just say the entry was crammed and we were working in the breakfast nook. But it was so worth it because the floors look incredible in here.
46″ Faux Fig Stem
Vase – Out of stock. Here is a similar one!
Faux Fig Berry Stem
I have a full post coming about the floors, and they look quite a bit lighter here than they do in real life (must have been a bright time of day), but we went with Stuga Studio’s Ingrid floors and they have so much character and warmth to them. They are also finished with a matte sealant which makes them look unfinished and they’re just so so cool.
I’ll share more pics of the office soon, but this update is as much about the large faux fig stems I ordered from Target than anything else. When the new Magnolia collection rolled out a few weeks ago, I noticed that they were selling fig stems in two sizes (25″ which my store was carrying and 46″ online). I already had these fig berry stems from McGee and co, but a lot of the inspiration images I file away have huge branches with leafy greens accenting the room so I went big and whoa, I can’t recommend them enough. They look amazingly realistic! They are substantial and show-stopping and the taller branches are only 9.99 each (I used 5 here.)
Also! Last month, I also ordered that little candle stand off Amazon for under $15. I will admit, I thought it was going to be larger, but now I’m so glad it wasn’t! I think it was advertised as a soap stand, but I love it to give a candle a little boost and it’s large enough to hold a handsome box of matches, too. Honestly, I never realized how happy a candle stand would make me.
More fun things this week!
• I came across this kitchen from Park and Oak Design this week (and then spent an hour drooling over their entire portfolio) and we were so struck with how similar it lined up with the vision for our future kitchen. We’re taking so much inspiration from it. Aren’t the details and warmth incredible?!
• My favorite gifts to receive are the ones that I didn’t even know I needed but help my life in some way. My family draws names for Christmas and one of my brother in laws got me this year . (We keep it secret so it’s not like you can ask the person what they want). He ended up getting me two of these Slice box cutters (we notoriously have a stack of boxes to open at all times) and our entire office is hooked on them! They’re so ergonomic and work incredibly well. A definite life improver!
• Another fun gift I got? These tennis shoes. (That I promise promise promise I won’t wear while painting. )
• I saw two movies in the theater over the break and came away with loads of interior inspiration from each. Little Women (their completely slate gray house stole my heart over and over) and Knives Out –which was filled to the brim with moody character and incredible wallpaper. Did you see either? I really, truly loved both movies so much!
• We just opened our THIRD semester of our Good Influencer Working With Brands Course. It has become a passion of ours to teach others in our field how to flourish in this rapidly growing industry. They just announced that Social Media Ad Spend just surpassed print for the FIRST TIME! If you’re interested, in this course, we teach how to get paid to work with the brands you love– check it out here!
• My sister is enthralled with the Royals, so this week has been shocking for her and incredibly intriguing to me–however, my eyes get larger with the more I learn! Overall, I’m happy for Harry and Meghan, but I am sure it’s not the end of it. The comment section on this blog is RIVETING and educational.
Hope you have a Happy Friday! We’re hoping to share our painted bedroom Monday so we’ll be busy!!!
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
When you’re gearing up to try something new, whether it be jumping off a cliff into a cool lake, expecting your first child, or buying a new home, you need a cheerleader in your corner. You know, a hype girl saying you got this! It’s going to be great! You can do it! I’m here […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home