In Tuesday’s post I mentioned that I got the itch to paint something. We had been planning on turning the music room into a jewel box — a bold, color in the middle of our Alabaster-walled home. I was leaning toward blue/green/gray, but after fanning out all of my paint swatches, I surprised myself by going with Benjamin Moore’s “Fading Twilight,” a moody, warm, dramatic color that is everything I wanted. Since this photo was taken, I’ve also replaced the outlet covers and unrolled a rug. But the whole process, from idea to pulling off the painter’s tape, took only a few hours (and that includes *going* to the store and getting the paint). I guess my point is… it’s a long weekend. Paint something! It’s more thrilling than riding a roller coaster.
Other fun things this week!
• Daniel Kanter’s Bluestone Cottage kitchen reveal has my jaw dropped all the way to his reclaimed yellow pine flooring. I was practically blinking through tears when I read that the room started with no plumbing, heating, electric… what?! Miracle-worker.
• Madewell is having an extra 30% off sale with code GIANT. The prices are too good to pass up. (These jeans are a staple if you need a place to start.)
• @beginninginthemiddle’s marble tile has me all heart-eyed thinking about our own bathroom renovation — starting this month!
• Did you know? Baby owls sleep face down because their heads are too heavy to hold up. (this is true and hilarious and astonishing!😂)
• Brb — I gotta go hang a little broom on a little hook. (Eee!)
• We put up a pool on the sport court yesterday. This Idaho summer is already hot, and last year’s blow-up pool totally killed the grass. So as much as I’ll miss the occasional game of tennis with Greta (well, the way *we* play tennis), this felt like a good investment into a cool summer. —Though the swimming pool of the year award definitely goes to Bri Moysa. That chic adult-swim stock tank pool + DIY deck for $600?! Pool party at her place.
• June was a whirlwind! Finished the closet, cleared out the garage, and made so much progress on the exterior! Check it all out in June’s Day-to-Day video, below.