Eeeep! I have a very little master bedroom update for you today that involves a lamp upgrade/hack. But it’s been a minute since you’ve seen our bedroom, and I also hung one piece of art and got a new pillow for our bed and dressed our bed for warmer months! It’s feeling good in here.
Sources: Rug, Bed, Bench, Nightstand (similar), Lamp, Brass box (CB2, no longer available), Vase, Fig Branch, Art (vintage), Lumbar pillow, Striped Sheets, waffle blanket, duvet + shams, Wall Color: Alabaster by Sherwin Williams, Trim Color: Lamp Room Gray by Farrow & Ball
As much as I loved the previous lamps on our nightstands, they are a little squatty for the space so they don’t leave a ton of room on our nightstands for other things. Which, honestly, isn’t always a bad thing, but we’ve been feeling it lately. Earlier this week, I was in Target for the first time since the beginning of March getting potty training supplies for Polly (different post, different post!) and I came across this clear glass cylinder lamp that was tall with brass accents and even had a usb port on the back. The drum shade was basic, but I immediately thought I could jazz it up with a tapered empire shade and it would look a lot closer to this dreamy $$$ one I’ve been seeing everywhere.
I only saw one, but I put it in my cart and decided to try it out and if it works, I can always get another online. Plot twist–it’s perfect and I literally can’t find it anywhere online in the brass finish! (ahhh!) We love the height and airiness. The usb port keeps our nightstands even more cleaned off. And I tried on the shade from the lamps we had and it really upped the wow factor!
Glass table lamps with tapered shades have been popping up everywhere, and I’m clearly falling under their influence. The really good ones are of course more expensive, but below I rounded up a few at every price point and even new shades to get yourself THE look!
Start with one of these we rounded up below! (We have #5, except in brass and it was $59…I’m literally going crazy that I can’t find another one, so yes, I made this as a resource for myself, too. #7 looks really similar!)
1. Fillable Brass Accent Lamp | 17.5 x 11 | $34
2. Modern Acrylic Accent Lamp | 15.5 x 9 | $39
3. Bubble Glass Large Lamp Base | 19.75 x 7 | $41
4. Large Ribbed Table Lamp | 17.5 x 6.5 | $44
5. Brushed Nickel Accent Lamp | 25.25 x 15 | $71
6. Kemmer Table Lamp | 28 x 15 | $89
7. Collins Brass Table Lamp | 29.25 x 15 | $92
8. Ava Glass Table Lamp | 24 x 15 | $129
9. Aria Table Lamp | 22.5 x 9.25 | $249
10. Seeded Oval Lamp | 22.5 x 13 | $265
11. Midbrook Table Lamp | 26 x 23.5 | $398 (20% off right now with code ATHOME)
12. Brooks Table Lamp | 30 x 23 | $569 (20% off right now with code DELIGHTED)
Here’s the other half of the get-the-look equation–the empire/chimney/tapered lamp shade. It’s hard to buy a lamp shade that costs almost as much as a lamp, but these are great to look around for in thrift stores, too, (when we’re able to do that, again!)
1. Empire Lamp Shade | 11 x 17 | $16
2. Vertical Beige Lamp Shade | 11 x 17 | $32
3. Black Chimney Empire Shade | 10.25 x 19 | $49
4. Empire Fabric Lamp Shade | 12 x 19 | $52 (on sale for $42!)
5. Aspen Empire Shape Lamp Shade | 12 x 19 | $55
6. Ivory Lamp Shade | 13 x 22 | $86
7. Burlap Off-White Lamp Shade | 13 x 22 | $91
8. Black Linen | 14 x 24 | $105
9. Burlap Linen | 13 x 22 | $109
I’m still not certain what I’m going to do about getting another lamp. I’m considering buying the nickel and adding some rub n’ buff to them BOTH to make the brass and nickel a little more of an aged brass. But I AM certain I’m on board with this direction and trend.