Has anybody ever been to a favorite things party? They’re so fun and I love the concept. It’s such a great way to share your favorite things, but also learn about other peoples’ favorite things! Here’s how it works:
Everybody brings 3 of the SAME gift (you could also do 2, just depending on how many gifts you want everyone to go home with!). It’s helpful to have a price limit on the gifts–under $25 is pretty common (hence the round-up). You can wrap 2 of the gifts, but leave at least one in a gift bag because you’re going to do a little show and share with the group! Before that though, everyone puts their name on a piece of paper in a bowl, 3 times (for the 3 gifts you’re giving).
Now you just take turns going around in the circle, sharing what you brought and explain why it’s one your favorite thing. Then you draw 3 names to gift your favorite things to! So easy, and everybody goes home with 3 things that could become their new favorite and a lot of new good ideas, too!
I thought it would be fun to share some favorite things that would make great gifts! I’m honestly LOVE all of these things, plus they’re all under $25! Can somebody host a favorite things party and invite me, please?
1. Colorblock Gloves $12 How cute are these mittens? I love that they can be converted from fingerless to covered and the colors feel so festive!
2. Box Cutter $18 Is it weird that one of my favorite things is a box opener? I use this every single day, multiple times a day. So much–that we now own multiple. It’s honestly life changing, and very safe to use. I’ve gifted this many times.
3. Wood Serve Board $25 Chris makes up a charcuterie board of snacks all the time. But even if you aren’t into cured meats and cheeses, they are just as beautiful serving up anything and as decor in a kitchen! This is an essential piece of hosting, and honestly, self-care.
4. Red Aspen Mascara $23 You won’t believe how good this mascara is until you try it! And tell all your friends about it because friends share all their beauty secrets.
5. John Derian Wrapping Paper + Gift Tags $18 One of my best friends gifted me this beautiful book filled with unique wrapping paper sheets and gift tags. It was such a beautiful and practical gift I can’t wait to use this season!
6. OAUI Leave-in Conditioner $25 I use this once a week, and it detangles my fine hair so easily and leaves it feeling feel so silky-soft and shiny to boot.
7. Hoops Earrings $26 I have a few of these “Live in” hoops and these ones are definitely the best bang for your buck! I never take them out.
8. Cozy Socks $4 I get a lot of questions about what socks I like to wear with boots and THESE ARE THEM!! They are so incredibly soft and look so cute poking out.
9. Measuring Cups $20 One of my favorite things to do is to elevate the every day things in our home and these measuring cups are so great for that! They’re functional and beautiful and useful and I would totally leave these out on a shelf as a decor tbh.
10. Nutcracker Ornaments $25 You know what I love more than a nutcracker ornament? Five nutcracker ornaments!
13. Acrylic Scissors $22 I was gifted a nice pair of scissors two years ago and I cherish them. These work SO well and they are stunning.
15. Ice Roller $23 If you haven’t used an ice roller on your face, you’re missing out. It’s the best for puffy eyes and face, migraines, or just some nice cool facial therapy.
16. Wristbands $10 Okay, this is my best life hack. If you hate the feeling of water running down your arms while you’re washing your face–Snap on a couple of wristbands, and voila! No more drip.
17. Velvet Ribbon $22 I’ve been using this ribbon as Holiday decor around the house like a mad-woman. The prettiest rust color, and there’s 11 yards of it!
18. Maybelline Lip Crayon $9 This ink crayon lipstick has been my staple lately. It’s moisturizing, stays on all day, and the “Lead the Way” color looks perfect on everyone.
19. Exit: The Game $15 The ultimate at-home, escape game experience! We’ve invited friends over and played several of these and every one has provided a memorable night. So fun!
20. Ceramic Vase $25 A good vase is something you can never have too many of. This one is such a great size, and would make any stems look stunning and work on its own on a shelf, too.
21. Nylon Hair Ties $8 These are my favorite nylon hair elastics. They don’t leave a kink in your hair, plus they’re so soft and and won’t tug at all.
22. Lip Mask $22 An essential part of my nighttime routine. Waking up in the morning with hydrated and nourished lips is a gift I want to receive every night.
23. Electric Candle Lighter $25 Have you tried these? Although there’s nothing like striking up a match, this electric candle lighter is so easy to use, is rechargeable, and a lot prettier than those larger lighters!
24. Glue-on Nails $13 You can always find me wearing these nails. They’re so affordable, so easy to apply, and the current pair I’m wearing has been going strong for 3 weeks now! Incredible.
25. Microfiber Turban $21 I cannot believe how much quicker my hair dries when I use this hair turban. It’s microfiber and soaks up all the water out of my hair and is so much gentler and lighter than a normal towel.
26. Candlesticks $25 I’ve been sharing these candlesticks holders over and over again, because they’re just that good. Classy, and the perfect set of 3.
27. Beanie $19 This taupe beanie is so stylish and comfortable!
28. Gold Vintage-Inspired Frame $22 Having a vintage-style frame laying around, ready for art is the kind of gift that I want to be given. Would be so cute to add a print, too!
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Last week, Chris and I had the incredible opportunity to travel to London for work. We were invited by Williams Sonoma and William Morris and Co to preview their newest collaboration and the inspiration behind it. It was my first time in London and although it was a quick trip, they brought us all over […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home