1. Slinky $9 No matter how old you are, you want to watch this thing slink down the stairs on repeat on Christmas morning.
2. AirTag Leather Key Ring $35 AirTag easily keeps track of your keys, purse — whatever you need to find readily. This is a fancy upgrade to tag anything with.
3. Wrist Sweatbands $9 These are my biggest life hack! I wear these every morning and every night when I’m washing my face and they save my arms from dripping water into my shirt sleeves. Upgrade their routine with these, and she’ll never stop talking about it.
4. Philips Sonicare Kids Electric Toothbrush $29 Our older girls have this toothbrush, and they actually brush their teeth for the full two minutes thanks to Sparkly. (There’s also an app for parents to check up on when the kids use it.)
5. Magnetic Wristband $12 I use this when I’m hanging art, and Chris uses his when he’s doing literally every project. It’s a catch-all for nuts and bolts! A lifesaver!
6. Smart Plug $8 “Alexa, turn on the lamp.” Do yourself and your loved ones a favor and put smart plugs in all of your outlets, and then watch your life change.
7. TRUFF Hot Sauce $14 This is one fancy hot sauce, and it’s down right delicious on everything from eggs to French Fries to pulled pork. It’s Chris’s fav find this year and it’s just really fun to stash a fancy condiment in a stocking!
8. Scalp Scrubber $13 This invigorating tool stimulates hair growth and actually gives you a great lather while washing. Oh, and it feels fantastic.
9. Chunky Cable-Knit Mittens $42 (similar) She’ll be ready to go walking in a winter wonderland bundled in these adorable mittens!
10. Plushie Bear $14 These plushy toys are like those water snake fidget toys. Even grownups love flipping and reversing these soothing toys (and it beats playing on your phone).
11. Bear Mittens $7 How cute are these mittens?! They look like little teddy bears, and the kids will look so sweet and warm wearing these.
12. Throwback Sock $22 I’m honest with myself and the people around me when I say I want socks in my stocking. And I’m putting them on immediately. I love these throwback tube socks and plan to wear them with both slippers and tennies.
13. SHASHIBO Shape Shifting Box $25 36 rare earth magnets allow this fidget toy to transform into over 70 shapes. Playing this puts me into an immediate trance.
14. 2-Pack Portable Charger $21 How many times have you wished you had a portable charger?! Even if you’re home, you don’t need to be near an outlet to charge your phone.
16. Poppy & Pout Lip balm $26 Once, Chris got me a whole stocking full of chapsticks. I loved it! I put chapsticks in all of my coats and jackets! Poppy & Pout is the best of the best (even made Oprah’s fav things this year!). The packaging is luxurious and the flavors are so good. Island Coconut is my favorite of all time.
17. Slice Box Cutter $18 We use this cutter to open all of our boxes. It stays sharp, and by some miracle — it doesn’t cut your hand! It’s a finger-friendly blade. I don’t know how it works, but I’ll never be without one again.
18. Phone Charger $39 I love an extra long phone charger that’s got a some style. This one looks great plugged in next to the bed or even scrolling across my desk in the office and the weighted knot keeps it from falling on the floor. :)
19. Disposable Camera $12 These are cool again! Stick one in all of the kids’ stockings and see what funny pictures develop. (There’s something magical about not having the immediate gratification of seeing the photo, isn’t there?)
20. Love Handle Phone Grip $10 I love my love handle! This is the best phone grip because it flattens in my pocket and allows me to do everything on my phone one-handed.
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Last week, Chris and I had the incredible opportunity to travel to London for work. We were invited by Williams Sonoma and William Morris and Co to preview their newest collaboration and the inspiration behind it. It was my first time in London and although it was a quick trip, they brought us all over […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home