1. Bear Shearling Backpack (similar) $16 They’ve got a lot to carry! After you’ve ditched the diaper bag, get your kids something cute (and cuddly!) to tote around their own water, snacks, and coloring books.
2. Village Play Mat $76 They’re already in their own little world. This mat is a perfect play land for toy cars, My Little Ponies, and all of the other little creatures in the toy box.
3. Bluetooth Party Microphone $29 Do I hear a Centaurworld singalong coming on? This light-up mic connects to Bluetooth, and you can even remove lead vocals with the touch of button — if you’ve got a real diva in your house.
4. Wooden Guitar $40 Do you have a young Jimi Hendrix on your hands? Or, a little one who’s always reaching for the “real” instruments. Foster creativity and start a family jam session with this adorable wooden guitar.
5. Tent of Dreams $475 This fancy fort is a collab with William Morris (heart eyes) and will be the main hang for every kid in your house — and every kid who comes over! As an added bonus, it’s you can stop calling for your kids when dinner’s ready. You know where they are: They’re in this tent.
6. Digital Camera $45 Remember when you were little and the digital camera was completely off limits to kids? Digital cameras are completely affordable now — and completely kid-friendly! Let them snap away, photographing to their heart’s desire. No film wasted.
7. Colorblock Snow Overalls $61 As soon as the presents are unwrapped, they’re going to want to go outside and play. Outfit them in the cutest, coziest snow pants — and spot them easily out the kitchen window in bright, bold colors. (More colors available)
8. Where are You? $42 This adorable book is completely customizable so that your kid can find themselves in the Where’s-Waldoesque scenes. (Shh!! They’ll be busy for hours!)
9. Minikane Baby Doll $48 You remember your first doll for your whole life. This one is sweet and special and worthy of the filling the role of constant companion. They have a bunch of different ethnicities, too. Polly got this one a couple years ago and still talks to her every day.
10. Razor Go Kart $239 Watch them zip up and down the driveway or drift around the cul-de-sac. (Don’t worry, mom — you get to choose the max speed.) We got these for our girls as their big present this year–can’t wait!
11. Veja Sneakers $98 The enviable Veja sneakers come in kid size — for the coolest kids on the block. They’ll love the velcro straps!
12. Confetti Magnetic Letter Set $32 Stick all of these to the fridge and buy yourself some time while you’re making dinner. The kids can practice spelling and stringing together sentences and leaving notes full of color and wonder.
13. Conquest Boot $105 Cutest, warmest boots–and chic enough to dress up for school!
14. Wireless Bling Boombox $69 This is one of the coolest Bluetooth speakers I’ve ever seen! The kids will feel like they have their own personal stereo, but you’ll have all of the control — streaming Taylor Swift from your phone. Oh! And it lights up!
15. NightBall Basketball $25 This ball lights up when they whack it, throw it, bounce it, toss it. Turn off the lights! Night game!
16. Plush Dinosaur Throw $69 Get snuggly at bedtime with this sweet dinosaur blanket that doubles as a costume and triples as a blanket.
17. Squeezamals $18 Our four-year-old has this fun, squishy play food and not only does she invite us to her “restaurant” in the playroom, but she also likes to bring the plush sandwich to lunch — showing off her “favorite food.” Also, anything “surprise” is in, but this is actually a surprise toy that can easily transition into other activities, like the play kitchen.
18. Wooden Build-Your-Own Fort Kit $39 This one is a project! The kit comes with everything they need to customize their fort. It’s elegant, imaginative, and hands-on. Bonus points if you can get them to work together to build this!
19. Cardigan Toboggan Sled $59 The answer to “Can we go play outside after this?” is “YES!” The classic Toboggan is reimagined and inflatable for hours and hours of downhill fun.
20. Totem Bike $129 Is this the year for a bike with a bow on it next to the tree?!?! Squeals all around.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
The next project we’re checking off our 2023 project list is the mudroom! This used to be the laundry room until we built out a much bigger, better laundry room upstairs. So, in the meantime, this space has been exclusively Cricket’s room. Cricket will still have a special space here, but we’re transforming this dingy […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home