Garden Chicken Salad with Spicy Thousand Island
A really tasty salad and homemade dressing made from ingredients you probably have on hand. Sub regular sweet relish for spicy pepper relish if you want to avoid the spice all together.
- 5 cups lettuces iceberg, butter, green leaf - thoroughly chopped
- 1/2 large carrot shredded
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper small diced
- 1/2 cucumber small diced
- 1 large green onion small sliced
- 1/2 can black beans drained, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken leftover grilled or rotisserie chicken works perfect
For the Spicy Thousand Island
- 1/4 cup mayonaise or veganaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp spicy pepper sweet relish sub normal sweet relish if you don't want any spice
- 2 tsp shallot or red onion minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 radishes washed, quartered
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes washed, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
In a bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients and set aside. For more heat, you can add a few drops of Tobasco sauce.
In a large bowl, toss the main ingredients together. Top with the dressing and gently toss until coated evenly. Season with salt and pepper, top with the finishing ingredients and enjoy!