Shrimp Salad Endive Cups with Fresh Cherries
A perfectly balanced appetizer or light lunch, full of fresh flavor and great texture.
For the dressing
- 3/4 cup Veganaisse or regular mayo
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 lemon juiced & zested
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 bulb fennel white part only, chopped
- 1 lb shrimp pre-cooked, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cherries fresh, seed removed, roughly chopped
- 15-20 endive leaves big enough to hold some shrimp salad
- sprouts something neutral flavor like clover or alfalfa
- chives finely chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts choppped, toasted
In a large glass bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Add the fennel, shrimp, and cherries and toss to coat evenly.
On a large platter or serving board, lay your endive cups. Put a small bed of the sprouts in the bottom of each. Spoon some of the shrimp salad into each cup, and top with the chives and walnuts. Garnish with fresh cherries and serve to some lucky, lucky people.