1. A spring mix of salad. One of these big tubs lasts me the week. The dark, leafy greens are packed with nutrients.
2. Chris cooked up a whole package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. He cubed each one and stored them in a bowl in the fridge so they are ready to be tossed in a salad.
3. Sunflower seeds. With crackers, cereal, chips and croutons (that’s a lot of “c’s”) off the table I really crave something crunchy. Sprinkling these seeds on my salad adds a ton of flavor and texture.
4. Hard-boiled eggs. We are now those people that buy to big 2 1/2 dozen carton of eggs at the store. Hard-boiling half and putting them in a separate container makes my life so easy. Sometimes I peel one and have it for my afternoon snack, and sometimes I slice it up and toss it with my salad for lunch. Good thing we have an egg slicer or I probably wouldn’t do the latter—when I say “quick,” I mean it.
5. Salad Dressing. I can’t have normal salad dressing. Too many ingredients that I can’t have. Chris mixed up this homemade salad dressing that contains olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, and salt and pepper. It’s delish.
6. Salt and Pepper. Redmond Real Salt sea salt is what I was told to strictly use. The flavor is fantastic so I don’t complain–until the time of day when I have to drink a glass of water with this salt mixed in–not that pleasant. Apparently this salt has more minerals (something my body is really lacking right now) and is better for you than any of kind. You should try it. We really love it…on food. :) Sprinkling my salad with salt and pepper kicks it up a notch.
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
When you’re gearing up to try something new, whether it be jumping off a cliff into a cool lake, expecting your first child, or buying a new home, you need a cheerleader in your corner. You know, a hype girl saying you got this! It’s going to be great! You can do it! I’m here […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home