The best allergy-friendly meal is one that doesn’t taste like it’s being restricted. As a non-vegan with vegan and vegetarian friends, it’s important to me that, when they come over for dinner, we all enjoy our meal together. When everyone eats the same thing and loves it equally, regardless of their diet, that’s a win.
This stir-fry is one of those meals. There is so much flavor in this meal, but it’s 100% plant-based. No gluten, no dairy, no grains, no meat or animal by products. Just a lot of flavor and great texture. Make it for anyone, and watch them devour it.
Grain Free Vegan Stir Fry
For the Cauliflower Rice
- 2 bags riced cauliflower frozen is fine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
For the Vegetables
- 6 mini sweet peppers julienne
- 1/2 yellow onion sliced
- 1/3 bunch asparagus washed, cut into 1in pieces
- 2 cups sugar snap peas washed, cut into 1in pieces
- 8-10 cremini mushrooms cut into thick slices
- 3 cloves fresh garlic chopped
- 6 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
For the Sauce
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar unsweetened
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp lemon grass paste
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp chili garlic paste optional
- 3 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp lime juice fresh squeezed
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
Cook the Cauliflower Rice
- Heat a ceramic nonstick pan on medium low. Add olive oil, cauliflower rice, sprinkle with salt and toss. Stir every few minutes until fluffy and cooked through. If liquid begins pooling in the bottom of the pan, increase the heat. Set aside, covered, when done.
Make the Sauce
- Whisk together all the sauce ingredients, and set aside. There will be extra sauce in the end most likely, so save any left over to use when making lunch or as a dipping sauce for other things. It's a great sauce.
Cook the Vegetables
- Make sure all your vegetables are cut and tossed together in a bowl before starting. Heat your pan on medium high heat.
- Add the avocado oil then immediately add the vegetables. Toss around consistently so everything gets cooked at the same rate, but doesn't overcook. Cook the vegetables this way for 2-3 minutes
- Add 1/4 cup of the sauce and toss around to coat evenly. Once the vegetables look shiny and their color is vibrant, turn off the heat. Total cooking time should be less than 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately along side a portion of the cooked cauliflower rice. Top both with a drizzle of the sauce. Enjoy!