Father’s Day is on Sunday!! I already have a few gifts for Chris stashed away, but we put our heads together for this gift guide. Some gift guides are gimmicky or cheesy or maybe just look good (does any guy really want a solar-powered Rubik’s cube coffee mug? a candle?)–this is not one of those. A lot of these things I have gifted Chris in the past and he loves them, or he has personally purchased himself. And, the good news is if you’re still scrambling to get something for the men in your life, all of these items should be able to ship to you before the weekend!
1. Von Zipper Metal Stache sunglasses. This is Chris’s second pair of Von Zippers. I originally ordered Ray Bans but he ended up returning them because they felt too small on his head. These are a more modern, squared-off aviator and I haven’t seen them look bad on anyone!
2. Tretorn Otto Linen slip-ons. Another brand that Chris has grown to love. These shoes are a comfortable boat shoe for a laid back guy. He can wear them all summer long.
3. This may not work for the George Costanzas of the world, but the skinniest most minimalistic wallet makes my man hap-py! He’s been rocking this Torino Leather wallet for the last few years and it is still going strong without bulking out his back pocket.
4. Bose earbuds come in a variety of price points, but no matter which one you gift–you can’t go wrong. The clarity and quality is so good, he’ll be happy to finally toss those Apple ones.
5. For Mother’s Day last month, we gifted both of our moms a Lumosity subscription–and they have really enjoyed it! If you are unfamiliar, it is a web-based program to keep your mind, memory and attention in check by playing a variety of games. It’s really cool and as it were–a great gift, too! (We followed these instructions to purchase gift certificates.)
6. Conair iStubble Facial Trimmer. I got this for Chris for Christmas last year and it ended up being one of his favorite gifts. Chris has sensitive skin (awwww, poor fella) AND he looks amazing with a little scruff. He hasn’t picked up a razor since December. You can digitally set the trimmer as low as .4mm and it is smooth as butter giving your man an even shave leaving behind the perfect amount of man scruff. We’re both happy.
7. A photo of the kids in a cool frame for his office. No brainer.
8. If you’re wanting to get the dad in your life a tool, this DeWalt Impact driver is a great choice. We got ours back when we were building the shelves in the reading room and it drove into studs with hardly any effort. Plus, think of all the things he’s gonna want to build you with his new driver.
9. Last on our list, a Char-Broil TRU Infrared grill. Chris has the larger, Gourmet version of this grill, and can’t say enough good things about Char-Broil’s TRU Infrared technology. It heats and cooks everything so evenly!
Any ideas on your end? Or maybe your already picked something up for the dads in your life? Spill!
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
When you’re gearing up to try something new, whether it be jumping off a cliff into a cool lake, expecting your first child, or buying a new home, you need a cheerleader in your corner. You know, a hype girl saying you got this! It’s going to be great! You can do it! I’m here […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home