I know, I know. We’re a broken record over here lately talking about our flooring project. The project has consumed our lives in almost every way. The goal was always to have the project done before the end of March, and I am happy to say–right now, I think we’re on track to do that. If you follow us on Instagram (@chrislovesjulia), we’ve been posting even more in-progress updates there. Like how last night was spent taping and mudding seams. Good times. In an attempt to talk about something else. Anything else. Here are a few highlights from our week that don’t involve staring at floors.
1. I did work on this week’s painting, but I still don’t feel like it is finished. I get excited about a painting when it’s done. I usually don’t want to send it off and that’s how I know. But this one still needs some work. Hopefully I’ll have some time to finish it this weekend and post it early next week. I did reorganize the Etsy shop and consolidate listings, so things look different over there. But rest assured, there are still 4 different size prints of each painting available right here.
2. Installed a sweet new fixture in the nursery. We posted about that a couple days ago.
3. Purchased a carseat. Finally! We ordered this Chicco one from Amazon. It has such great reviews and says it is lightweight and easy to put in and out of the car. They had a “like new” one available as an Amazon Warehouse Deal for $20 less, so I went with that one. Have any of you ever purchased an Amazon warehouse deal? It hasn’t arrived yet, but I am hoping the “like new” description holds true.
4. Returned 20 unused pieces of HardieBacker board to Home Depot and got over $200 back. Woot! Okay, so this is flooring related, but Home Depot gives a great discount for buying this concrete board in bulk. We initially bought 115 sheets–which was more than we thought we needed (although, admittedly, we were a lot farther off than we thought) because if you order in bulk, you get a better deal. Even though we spent a chunk of change on that board, $200+ back feels like free money and not a refund.
5. Took Greta for her 4-year well visit. She’s off the charts for height and weight. In fact, she’s in the 95% percentile for five year olds. There were times when I was growing up that being tall was very hard. Kids can be mean, but Greta is so confident and friendly–I hope she’ll keep that with her always.
6. Shopped online for doorknobs and area rugs and curtains, but can’t commit to anything just yet. I love this doorknob so much. Maybe too much. Area rugs (especially a large 9×12 one like I need for the living room) are so intimidating. They are such an investment and I am stuck in indecision. Or maybe paralyzed by the price. Not sure which.
Tonight and all day tomorrow we’re back to the floors–except this time, we’ll be beginning to lay the tile. We’re so anxious and excited. Happy Weekend to you! What are you up to?