By far, the most monumental month this year has come to a close. We walked along sandy beaches in St. Lucia with our team, walked all over our new floor pops collection (restock coming soon I promise), and walked right into our Rubbermaid launch. You guys sold us out on Amazon so fast, but keep your eyes peeled in your local Targets and Krogers this weekend. But probably the biggest moment of all was celebrating our One Year Anniversary in this red brick home. It’s been a fast, wild year which is why I’m decorating at a much slower pace these days.
Pedestal Table | Vase | Faux Stems | Marble Plate | Basket | Art | Chandelier | Jeans | Sandals
School’s out any day now and we’re really looking forward spending our first full summer here in North Carolina. Any day now and we’ll have a pool we’ll get to enjoy. Here’s a few of my favorite things from May!
1. Chris Loves Julia x Rubbermaid Food Storage Containers $30 This collection is a piece of my heart and you guys were so quick to sell us out on Amazon the first hour of the first day. BUT I promise you there’s more coming and you’ll catch them in your local Target and Krogers soooon!
2. Chambray Stoneware Serving Platters $39 Had these on our Mother’s Day gift guide and they just now arrived. Hubba hubba, and they’re dishwasher safe.
3. Mens Woven Sneakers $165 These are Chris’s absolute fav shoes right now, also included in the Father’s Day gift guide.
4. Embroidered Tee $26 I cannot get enough of this cute tee with the embroidered crewneck.
5. Jimena Black Round Vase $70 I keep this cutie vase in the entry but I want to steal it for every room.
6. Adidas Ultraboost 21 Running Shoe $117 I literally have these in 4 colors now, I love them so much!
7. Sorel Sandals $120 It’s sandal season baby! Been wearing these every day. They are so comfortable and cushy and I love that they strap on so I can move easily.
8. Industrial Ceiling Fan $719 Hung this in the guest house and it changed the vibe completely.
9. Forest Etchings $30+ We hung these in the guest house as well (in these frames) and they are stunning.
10. High Rise Dad Shorts $70 My new favorite pair of denim shorts. I’m obsessed with the paneling.
11. Round Wood Pedestal Accent Table $110 Used these as nightstands in the guest house!
12. Tie Cut Out One Piece $38 Everybody needs a little black suit, and don’t forget to check out the swimsuit roundup!
13. Stockholm Fan D Lier $918 The shining star in the home gym that makes me feel like I’m in some boujee vacation gym.
14. Citizens of Humanity Jeans $228 I tried out these jeans in a recent Evereve haul and I love the loose, casual fit.
15. Razor Crazy Cart Shift $224 We have a really long driveway and the girls will ride these around for hours.
16. Black Cube Wok $140 Pairs best with sweet & sour shrimp ;)
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
We recently painted our study a dark, moody green color. This is after we first painted it a muddy green, then repainted it a blue-gray. I guess what they say is true; third time’s a charm! The journey was worth it, though, because I’m so in love with this glossy green in contrast with the […]
We've been doing this since 2009 and we've posted a whopping 24145+ blog posts and counting. You might need a little help searching, huh?
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Welcome to our online community where we've posted home, DIY, style, renovations, and family since '09. Renovating our #cljmoderncottage in Idaho and headed for new adventures in Raleigh, NC. #cljfam #cljtransformations
Make yourself right at home
What do you think?