The wallpaper went up in the powder bath yesterday and I couldn’t love it more! I let out a huge sigh of relief and LOVE after the first panel went up. I had a couple days of panic after I ordered it because it felt a little bold, but where else can you go bold if not in a powder room!? The warm mahogany stripes, with little glimmer of gold, feel so chic with the pale aqua. And I’m so glad we painted the trim a glossy black (Sherwin Williams Tricorn Black in semi-gloss). It really ties everything together. We’ll add the shoe molding and toilet and sink hopefully today and tomorrow and the bathroom will be usable again. Or, I guess I should say for the first time since moving in! We’re going to have to probably train our whole family that there’s a bathroom here since everyone has been using the one in our bedroom for the last couple months.
This wallpaper consumed a lot of my August thoughts–picking it out, ordering it, waiting for it to go up, and now that it’s up, it absolutely made the favorites list for the month, Here’s everything else that made up my August Favs!
1. Faux Plum Leaf Beech Branch $19 We did a whole round up of faux branches here, but I actually picked these up while walking through the Crate and Barrel Store! They looked so realistic!
2. Block Print Stripe Wallpaper $280 The wallpaper in the round-up above looks way more blue and red than it actually is. It’s definitely a Mahogany and light blue-green with gray undertones.
3. Advanced Retinol Nightly Renewal Moisturizer $79 Everyone talks about the importance of Retinol as you get older, but I haven’t been able to find one that works for my sensitive skin without drying me out. This one is it! I’ve been using this on my face every night and I love the glow it’s given me. If you are new to retinol, I still recommend working up to every night!
4. Mable Pen Holder $31 I got one of these for each of our desks in the office because is there anything worse than the pen cup falling over as soon as you put scissors in it!? This is nice and heavy and perfectly sized.
5. Range Dinner Plate $14 Leanne Ford’s plates, serve ware, bowls! Another thing I saw in person and drooled all over. They are dream-y with that perfect black rim! I want the whole set!!
6. Organic Crispy Coconut Rolls $12 I hate two entire bags of these in the month of August. They are crispy and airy and sweet, but not too sweet. The perfect crunch at 2pm.
7. Reusable Grocery Bags $34 I shared these earlier this month and I’m so glad to hear that so many of you are loving them as much as we do! They keep the groceries so tidy and they don’t tip over in the car! Highly recommend.
8. Providence Cerused Oak Dining Table $1299 We ordered this table for the dining room and it’s supposed to arrive any day. I love the fluted skirting and the perfectly warm, but light wood tone.
9. Ribbed Office Chair $250 We were ready for more supportive office chairs and I can’t believe the comfort these chairs provide! There are so many bells and whistles–we all love them so so much!!
10. Pierce Wicker Side Table $119 I got this adorable side table and it has already moved so many places all over the house. I’ve learned side tables, lamps and mirrors–you can just never have enough good ones.
12. Leather Shirtdress $39 The perfect faux leather dress I picked up to transition to fall. I love the color so so much and it looks so much more expensive than it is!
13. Miller Chelsea Boot $99 I have worn the same black chelsea boots for the last 2.5 years nearly every day in fall and winter. And these are already the perfect replacement. I LOVE them.
14. Alcott Storage Lockers $2969 Okay, I ordered these lockers for the bonus room. Ahh!!! We were trying to figure out where the school drop zone is going to be and right behind the girls computer area in the bonus room felt like the perfect place. These were 20% off a couple weeks ago and the design and size was perfection, even if the color was a little more blue than I was thinking for the space. I knew we couldn’t build something similar of the same quality for less so we ordered these and are going to build them in and maybe give them a paint job depending on how it looks in person. Can’t wait to have this cute storage for the girls!!
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Almost daily I get asked what I would call my home style. I don’t like to box myself in, but I definitely lean Modern Traditional with an emphasis on comfort when it comes to our home. This especially came up when I shared our Powder Bath Reveal on the blog. I think it changes slightly […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home