For Father’s Day this year I imagine Chris will be doing exactly what his heart wants to be doing… grilling. He wouldn’t have it any other way and I would never deprive him of that. Along with that, we’ll be spending the day as a family, playing games and taking it easy. Of course we’ll also be dreaming of how we’ll get to spend Father’s Day NEXT year when our backyard is fully finished. It’s going to be magic, but until then we’re enjoying the moment.
I recruited Chris to help me put together the ultimate Father’s Day gift guide for the men in your life and this might be our best one yet. One thing you might not know about Chris is he is a master product curator. He keeps nothing that doesn’t meet his quality expectations or that he doesn’t absolutely love. In other words, this is a gift guide you can trust.
1. Layrite Matte Cream $20 Chris has hunted for the perfect pomade for years and this is the one that has satisfied everything he wants a pomade to be. It’s a matte cream, medium hold, and washes clean without any waxy residue.
2. Pit Boss 700 Classic Pellet Grill $396 One of Chris’s favorite pellet grill brands at a really great price.
3. Hemlock Straw Hat $42 The hat that comes with Chris on every beach trip and vacation!
4. Chubbies Shorts $69 Chris is extremely brand loyal and when he finds what he likes, he goes all in, just like he has with Chubbies. These shorts are apparently worth all the hype.
5. OluKai Woven Sneakers $165 These shoes are so unique and classic at the same time. Pretty sure Chris wore these to dinner almost every night in St. Lucia!
6. Greeting Card $6 The cutest Father’s Day Card there is.
7. Backbone Gaming Controller for iPhone $99 Funny story, I actually got this for Chris for Christmas only to find out he got it for himself for Christmas. Turn your phone into a gaming device, you know for the gamer in your life!
8. Mesh Grill Bags $19 This product is genius, and Chris loves using them. Throw your smaller food pieces into them and toss ’em on the grill!
9. Cryo Ball $24 Now this, you put in the freezer and enjoy a cold therapy deep tissue massage. Sounds invigorating.
10. Purple Pillow $120 Chris is absolutely obsessed with this pillow. As a side sleeper, this satisfies all of his neck’s needs and he never wakes up with kinks or discomfort anymore.
11. Harry & David Snack Basket $50 I would say this is the ultimate gift snack basket that any dad would be thrilled to get.
12. Leather Belt $35 You can’t ever have too many leather belts right?
13. Project Smoke $22 Chris says this is basically a bible for grillers and I would never doubt that statement.
14. Dad, I Wrote a Book About You $15 Got these for the girls to give to him. It gives prompts for them to fill in things all about Dad and I can’t wait to see what they say!
15. Lawn Bowling Set $140 We plan to play all the yard games, some day when we have a yard again. This set is so classy.
16. Adjustable Dumbbells $77 We’ve had these for years and they’re the starter kit to any home gym.
17. Taft Candle $40 Taft has never failed to create a candle that we love.
18. Stanley Tumbler $30 The Stanley cup that doesn’t spill! I got these for myself a couple weeks ago and they’re great!
19. Linen Shirt $79 A classic shirt that the men in your life will wear everywhere.
20. Ridge Commuter Backpack $175 Chris has this and loves it so much! We took it to St. Lucia and couldn’t stop talking about how great it is. Use code CLJ for 10% off.
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Last week, Chris and I had the incredible opportunity to travel to London for work. We were invited by Williams Sonoma and William Morris and Co to preview their newest collaboration and the inspiration behind it. It was my first time in London and although it was a quick trip, they brought us all over […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home