As you know, we have been really focusing on our exterior the last couple months, specifically getting our very first garden going. We built the garden boxes, we removed all the sod and this is where we kind of freeze because although both of us grew up with gardens, growing your own in a new-to-you region is a little intimidating. Cue the catchphrase, “there’s an app for that”–because, well, now there is.
The people at Sprout it contacted me a few weeks back about their new app that just launched and is now available for free in the iTunes App Store (http://gosprout.it/iPad) or online (https://app.gosprout.it) and it’s cool, and really really useful. It takes the guesswork out of gardening. Basically, Sprout it helps determine which plants are most likely to succeed in your garden based on space, lifestyle, local weather conditions (what!? yes!!!) and growing difficulty. And then, once you get growing, it provides you with a customized gardening plan, as well as notifications, reminders and encouragement throughout the growing and harvesting season. Sprout it even uses geolocation to monitor weather conditions in your area, adjusting your garden’s care plan based on local temperature and precipitation. It’s like your own personal garden robot!
Now, here’s the fun part. As if figuring out gardening isn’t the funnest thing already. In celebration of its new iPad app, Sprout it is giving our fans a chance to win a backyard revamp. Everyone has that one (or more? or more!) spot in their yard or patio that could use a little sprucing up. It has potential, but keeps finding its way back onto next year’s to do list. *Cough* Firepit *Cough* You want to fix it up, but don’t know what to do or where to begin. Welcome to the Sprout it Backyard Takeover!
One grand-prize winner will receive a free, backyard design plan custom created for you! Plus a budget of $1,000 to make it happen! Also, Sprout it will be drawing daily winners throughout the week, so keep an eye on their Facebook page to find out if you’ve won! Here’s a quick rundown of all the garden swag they’re giving away (mind. blown.):
- Grand Prize: One grand-prize winner will receive a DIY design plan from Sprout it via a custom created Pinterest board by Julia (that’s me). Plus, the grand-prize winner will also receive a $1,000 gift card to their choice of either Home Depot or Lowe’s to help bring their outdoor space to life!
- Second Place: One second place winner will receive a $500 gift card to their choice of either Home Depot or Lowe’s + a gardening care package courtesy of Sprout it!
- Third-Place: One third place winner will receive a $250 gift card to their choice of either Home Depot or Lowe’s + a gardening care package courtesy of Sprout it!
- Daily Winners: One winner per day will receive a gardening care package from Sprout it.
- To Enter: Anytime between June 25th and July 2nd, snap a photo of a spot in your yard that could use a little extra love, and upload your image to Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #GrowInspired. Then, visit http://backyardtakeover.gosprout.it to claim your photo and officially enter the Sprout it Backyard Takeover.
NOTE: All daily winners will be selected, notified via email and announced on the Sprout it Facebook page between June 25th and July 2nd. Grand prize winners will be selected and announced by July 10th.
I can’t wait to see your instagrams and watch you win. You all deserve it…and I’m not allowed. :)
This post is in partnership with Sprout it–an app I love to use and a contest I am excited about. Can’t wait to personally help one of you design your space! See more of Sprout it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.