It’s always fun to see when the seasons change, our readers start digging deep into the archives, or coming across one of our projects on Pinterest that is relevant to the warmer weather. And since there are hundreds of thousands more of you now than there was when most of these posts hit the blog originally, I thought it would be fun to share six Spring-y projects or posts that you might want to try this season.
1. A few years ago, in our last home, we made all five of these raised garden beds for about $100. Find the full tutorial here. We have plans to make them again in our side yard in this home and I can barely wait.
2. Another quick and budget friendly project we did in that house was staining our small concrete patio. A quick way to update your outdoor space this season!
4. I actually made this easy house number plaque late last fall. It survived the winter like a champ and I still love seeing it every time I pull in the driveway–a great 1 hour project!
5. Something that isn’t a quick project by any means, but one that we helped our friends tackle last year was painting the exterior of their brick home. While it wasn’t quick, it was pretty cost-effective for the results and the same technique could be used for some siding, too!
6. It was just last spring that we were finalizing Chris’s eCookbooks (Chris Loves Tacos, Chris Loves Burgers and Chris Loves Wings) and we have loved hearing how much you’ve enjoyed them. Since May is National Burger Month (is there anything that rings in green grass and warm weather like a nice, juicy burger?), you can get 33% off “Chris Loves Burgers” as well as the bundle for all three of Chris’s eBooks. This sale is only for the month of May, but the books will carry you through the whole summer. The Dirty burger pictured below is my personal favorite.
As for present day, we’re breaking ground on our deck tomorrow morning. Can’t wait to share it with you! Hope the weather is warm where you are and you can get outside and enjoy it.
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Almost daily I get asked what I would call my home style. I don’t like to box myself in, but I definitely lean Modern Traditional with an emphasis on comfort when it comes to our home. This especially came up when I shared our Powder Bath Reveal on the blog. I think it changes slightly […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home