Yesterday marks 5 weeks since we officially moved from our Utah home and thought we closed on it. Some of the details around the demise of that sale we don’t feel are appropriate to share here, but we knew it was time to move on and try to sell the house again.
We had a lot of interest in the house just through word of mouth, but after a week of showing friends and friends of friends, hoping one was ready to pounce right away–we decided we better list the house in the local online classifieds, too. It was a risk since there were some things that the previous buyers insisted we not do (like carpet what used to be my studio or fix the drywall in the basement storage room) but would have absolutely done in preparation to list–we posted the house below market value to hopefully sell it quick despite the imperfect condition. Of course living 5 hours away without a realtor presented a problem, too. We offered our sweet neighbor $20 to unlock the door for each showing and she happily agreed.
The night we posted the house, we got a call and scheduled our first showing for the next day. By the morning, we booked 4 more. And by evening we had scheduled 13 over 2 days. We were really holding our breaths that someone in those 13 showings would make an offer on an empty house with no power and missing carpet and drywall–Which, when I put it like that, I’m surprised we got 1, let alone 3 offers!
They were all good offers, but one was a little stronger with a faster closing time. All that to say, we’re under contract again! The inspection has been done and we are scheduled to close next week. And if you’re wondering if we got an attorney this time around–nope!
…But only because our buyers have a realtor. ;)