You gotta give it to cauliflower – they’ve really come into their own in recent years. They can be anything! But to me there are few better ways to eat cauliflower than roasted and glazed.
This simple cauliflower dish is rich, sweet, and a great side for anything you have planned. It takes less than 10 minutes of active prep time, with another 15-20 minutes to roast. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Roasted Candied Cauliflower
To Roast The Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower cut into flourettes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp allspice powder
For the Chili Caramel Glaze
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- cilantro leaves
Roast the Cauliflower
- Preheat the oven to 425 and put a pan in the oven to also heat.
- Toss together the cauliflower, olive oil and spices to coat evenly. Slide onto heated pan in the oven and roast for 15 minutes. Turn heat off and let the cauliflower sit in the oven while you prepare the caramel glaze.
Make the glaze
- In a pan or wok, combine the glaze ingredients. Bring to a simmer and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Put it all together
- Add the roasted cauliflower to the glaze and toss to coat. Place in a serving bowl and top with cilantro leaves. Serve warm.