This post is sponsored by Magic Spoon
To all those not willing to compromise flavor when it comes to nutrition, this post is for you. I hear you, I see you, I am you. Recently I heard of Magic Spoon and was curious if it was worth all the hype so I had to try it for myself. Believe me when I say it’s worth the hype! Unlike other “health” cereals, Magic Spoon has reinvented all of your favorite cereals you loved as a kid (and still crave as an adult), and somehow managed to make them all grain-free, gluten-free, soy-free, keto-friendly, and low carb! (Note: They do have dairy in them) All with a shocking nutritional label of 0 grams of sugar, 13-14 grams of protein, and only 4 net grams of carbs in each serving. With only 140 calories, I love enjoying a cold bowl of cereal after hitting the gym, or honestly as a late night snack and I never regret it. Plus lately I’ve been whipping their already delicious flavors into protein bites for an extra punch of protein. Keep reading for a bomb recipe!
Of course we like to have fun around here so we got literally every single magic spoon flavor, had some friends help us taste them, and ranked them all for you! They’re honestly all delicious, but we do have our favorites. Pro advice: mix them! My favorites to mix right now are the Peanut Butter with the Cookies and Cream. Tastes exactly like a peanut butter cup and that’s the kind of life I live!
10. Oatmeal Cookie – Ever had Cold Stone’s oatmeal cookie batter flavor? Yeah, this tastes just like that with just a subtle hint of maple.
9. Honey Graham – You know what we love about this flavor? It’s just so classic, and not overly sweet. This is one of the cereals used in my protein bite recipe below!
8. Fruity – Did I think I would be eating rainbow cereal as an adult? No, but I had hopes, and this one is the perfect fruity balance for me.
7. Frosted – If you love cake batter ice cream (or just cake batter) this is your cereal. It’s got a cake-y flavor but without the overwhelming sweetness.
6. Cookies and Cream – Basically like eating a sleeve of Oreos. I could snack on these all day.
5. Cinnamon – Honest opinion? This leans more towards the cinnamon-spice flavor more than the cinnamon-sugar flavor and that’s what I love about it.
4. Blueberry – I don’t know how they’ve managed to do it, but this one tastes exactly like a blueberry muffin.
3. Cocoa – This is everything I want in a chocolate cereal. Just sweet enough, and leaning slightly more on the dark side. Delicious!
2. Maple Waffle – I didn’t expect maple to make it up to the top but it is shockingly yummy! It’s literally a waffle in cereal form.
1. Peanut Butter – Okay, okay this one is all about the slightly salty after flavor. The perfect balance of sweet and salty!
These cereals are good enough to eat plain or with a bowl of milk, but if you’re looking for an alternative way to up your protein intake, you might want to whip up these protein bites!
Protein bites are generally a miss for me. They’re either too sweet, too chalky, or too dense (sometimes all three), so I wanted to make some that checked all the boxes for me and this is it. I blended up the Frosted Magic Spoon flavor as the base of this recipe, and rolled them in Honey Graham for that crumbly texture. I’m not a typical pie guy but I will never say no to that tangy lime, graham cracker flavor!
These bites are incredibly light and airy, with just the right amount of tart, citrusy flavor. I hope you give them a try, and honestly any of the Magic Spoon flavors!
You can get $5 off the Magic Spoon Variety Pack today with code CHRISLOVESJULIA and thank me later for making your life easier and more delicious! The variety pack comes with four delicious flavors: Cocoa, Fruity, Frosted, and Peanut Butter.
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Last week, Chris and I had the incredible opportunity to travel to London for work. We were invited by Williams Sonoma and William Morris and Co to preview their newest collaboration and the inspiration behind it. It was my first time in London and although it was a quick trip, they brought us all over […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home