In this week’s podcast (live now, right here!) we talk a little bit about some upcoming projects we’re gearing up to tackle, including the guest room. Our previous guest room, that is now the girls’ bunk room, was thrown together in 2 weeks before my sister came to stay with us. It served us well for 3 years before transforming into what it is today.
Since wrapping up the One Room Challenge, we moved the army blanket wrapped bed into Greta’s old room (I’ll snap a picture as soon as the sun comes up!) and donated the nightstands and lamps to a family that needed them thinking I would have plenty of time to find something else before our guests started rolling in for the holidays. But here we are, 2 weeks prior to welcoming family from out of town and our current guest room situation stands wanting.
I could just take down the kitty posters Greta since hung in her old room, and magic eraser the crayon off the wall in the corner, but since most of our guests stay a couple weeks at a time, rather than a couple days (although we get those too!), it’s important to us to make sure they are comfortable and we’re comfortable knowing the conditions of the room. So, this weekend, I put together a plan, secured a budget of less than $2000 and started ordering a few things, including the following:
1. Dark Moss Pillow my favorite color! $30
2. Faux Fur Lumbar Pillow for soft texture on the bed $65
3. Tufted Dot Coverlet in case they get too cold…or too hot $189
4. Flannel Light Gray Ticking Stripe Duvet on sale! $79
5. Brass and Leather Luggage Rack schmancy $51
6. A Slight Chance by Kelly Money because is there anything more gorgeous to dream under? starting at $31
7. One of a Kind Zanjan Persian Rug $495 (my one splurge!)
8. Prettiest Iron Panel Bed–at the best price, because I checked everywhere! $219 for a queen
9. Wall Sconce (we actually had these stored from a room they didn’t work in) $199
10. WiFi Password Printable for the nightstand $4
11. Crescent Moon Catch-All for their jewelry or change at night $14
12. 36″ Round Mirror because every guest room must have a mirror $150
13. Wall-Mounted Storage Shelf we’re gonna use as nightstands–great reviews! $169
I’m still deciding on a paint color, but other than everything is en route and it should be a pretty quick and straight-forward makeover. knocking on all the wood. We’re not doing any crazy wall treatments or paper–for now, anyway. Just paint and furnishings. And I think we’ll definitely have to put a little Christmas tree somewhere in the room, too. :) Anyone else hosting guests this season?