Happy November! I’ve seen so many of my favorites looking back on the past month and sharing their top ___ favorite finds/things and I thought I’d jump on board. October was full of pumpkin patches and strict dieting (#hashimoto’s oy!), but also some pretty incredible finds and family moments. Here are my top 13 October Favorites!
2. This looks like a one of those extremely expensive one-of-a-kind rugs, but it comes it 6 sizes and two colors. I’m partial to the navy background with peachy accents and the price is not too bad either! Definitely one of my favorite finds this month that I’m storing in my back pocket and can’t wait to use soon!
3. The creamy matte white with black and aged brass detailing is what makes this pendant look like it cost 3x what it does. It would look beautiful over an aged wood island, in a bathroom or even over a nightstand.
4. We’ve been on the hunt for a dining table for the cabin. And for weeks, I was set on a round one. I settled on this gorgeous round one (that comes in 4 sizes but is $1000 for a 60″!!) but when we went up to tape it off, we realized it would stick pretty far into the living room once we add chairs. Still crazy about it.
9. Maybe you’ve noticed I’ve been wearing these boots non-stop. They’re a bit of an investment (for me), but they are sleek, incredibly comfortable and warm and go with jeans or dresses. Couldn’t recommend them enough!
10. This month we launched our new Homebody mugs just in time for the cold weather to come blowing in. (It snowed here this week!) We are launching our Holiday/Winter collection of tops this weekend so sign up for our newsletter to get first dibs!
11. This serving board & cloche has made it into a few of my instagrams this month and I always get so many questions about it. I want to give one to all my special people for Christmas. It’s a great centerpiece, even empty, and really functional, too!
12. In addition to adjusting my medication for my Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, I’ve been gluten, grain, soy, dairy, pork and egg free for over a month now and I can’t tell you how much my health has improved. I often get asked, “But what do you eat?!” Lots of lean meats, fruits and vegetables and CELERY JUICE! However, I found this grain-free mix that has saved me many mornings when I needed something more. There is an egg-free waffle recipe on the back. I usually mix in half a mashed banana or blueberries for sweetness, and it feels like I’m cheating but I never get sick. Definitely a favorite.
13. Lastly, my favorite moments of October were all the in between moments of work and instagram where we made so many wonderful memories as a family. And the little moments, like Polly’s obsession with the word “Bye” that I hope I never forget this month. We captured a few in October’s Day to Day video you can watch below, or right here on our YouTube channel. (Subscribe to be the first to know when we upload a new video–we upload 2-3 a week!)
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
When you’re gearing up to try something new, whether it be jumping off a cliff into a cool lake, expecting your first child, or buying a new home, you need a cheerleader in your corner. You know, a hype girl saying you got this! It’s going to be great! You can do it! I’m here […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home