It truly feels like the middle of December, but in reality, it’s only the 4th day (how!?). At the beginning of every month, I love to reflect back and share my favorites from the month prior as well as our monthly video capturing what the month was like for us beyond the renovations and DIY you see from us normally! Here are my absolute favorite finds from November:
1. I started burning this Forest Fir candle as soon as Thanksgiving was over and I won’t get over it. In fact, I’m a little apprehensive about sharing how much I love this candle because then it will probably go out of stock and I won’t get to re-buy it. Everyone who comes over, wants it.
2. It’s no secret I’m into comfortable clothes that have a little something extra to disguise them as something more. This is indeed a super comfortable sweatshirt that I could live in–sleep in!–but the embroidery sends the message, I’m put together. I’m crossing things off my list today. I’ve worn it with jeans and tucked into a pencil skirt (ps. this is my favorite pencil skirt)!
3. I got three of these faux branches and they could not look more real! I have them in a vase on our dining room table and they add a really simple winter touch that won’t shed needles. They are on sale right and I would absolutely recommend them!
4. These are my favorite socks right now! They aren’t too tight on my legs, hit just above my ankle and have a sweet vintage look to them. I love to wear them with my cropped jeans.
5. I’m not usually a ring person, but I made an exception for this ring cuff (and bought an extra for my bff).
6. This magnetic car mount will change your life. There’s a few different versions (I used to have the vent mount), but I can attest this dash/window mount is superior.
7. November is the month we celebrated our 10 year anniversary in Bora Bora (see more of that in the monthly video!), but Bora Bora or not, I wear sunless tanner year round. I am not a naturally tan person and lather on the sunscreen to prevent sun damage. I used to wear St. Tropez but switched over to this Loving Tan 2 Hour Express (in dark) which matches my undertones so much better. It look so natural, develops in two hours, but looks great instantly and, to be honest, helps my self-confidence. Definitely get the reusable applicator mitt!
8. I recently switched to this Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Cleansing Oil to remove my makeup and I love the way it leaves my skin feeling healthy, moisturized and replenished–especially since the air is so dry right now in Idaho! It’s so gentle, too.
9. We just got this “game” and have already laughed so hard. It’s really more of a party activity because there’s no points or board. One person reads the question like, “Who in the room would survive the least amount of time on a desert island” and on the count of 3, everyone has to point to someone in the room besides themselves. It can get a little cut throat but as long as everyone agrees it’s all in good fun–it’s f-u-n.
10. I’m sure you’ve heard of Crest White Strips, but I constantly get asked if I whiten my teeth and, duh. yes! I use these to whiten them twice a year. In November right before the holidays and in May right before summer.
11. I shared that I bought these pumps on my Instagram stories last week and I’ve literally never had so many people swipe up on anything I ever posted. Ever. I’ve been on the hunt for good heels for as long as I can remember and I got these for my birthday. Nude and black. The block heel + pointed toe +little bit of toe cleavage + cut out sides + half off right now makes them pretty much the perfect shoe if you ask me. And they are so comfortable and easy to chase my kids in.
12. The perfect beanie. It comes in a variety of colors, but I wear lots of beanies in the winter–both because I’m cold non-stop and also because I didn’t want to do my hair.
13. I’ve seen these Serena and Lily stools everywhere, forever, but it wasn’t until November that we ordered them for the cabin that I saw how versatile they really are. Next to a tub, as a nightstand, a side table, an actual stool–they are cute and work everywhere. We got two of the taller ones.
14. My favorite artist, Kai Samuels Davis stopped selling prints last year and my heart about broke. But! This month only, he has re-opened his print shop for the holidays! We have several of his prints in our home, and got a large format print of The Defender for the cabin.
15. And now for my favorite part, the monthly video capturing our November so sweetly, as well as spilling details on a new collaboration we have in the works! Watch it below or here on our Youtube Channel.
In Bora Bora, we stayed at the St. Regis and would absolutely recommend it. The food was off the charts, they had so many free amenities and we’ve never experienced anything quite like it. We had been planning this trip for years and it still exceeded our expectations.
At the end of the month, we made a family trip to Utah. The plan was to ride the North Pole express, but due to a bad snowstorm, it took an extra hour to get there and we missed the train by minutes! We still made the most of it and checked into the beautiful Zermatt resort (which Faye promptly assumed was the North Pole and we all went along with it). They are offering our readers a special discount–$79 for hotel rooms and one bedroom villas at $129. The offer ends December 20th. Click here to redeem!
Lastly, I get so many DMs about my coat. It’s a few years old, but it’s from Superdry here.