Mother’s Day is less than 2 weeks away–how did that happen? Where did that come from!? If your mom is anything like my mom, maybe she already told you, “Oh, don’t get me anything!” But really, she means she’d love just about anything that reminded you of her (I’m getting my mom #2 and #8 below!). Or maybe you need an idea of what to pass along for what YOU would like for mother’s day (I asked for #6 and #12!). Thirteen great ideas below:
1. Travel Cosmetics Case: Earlier this year, I treated myself to a new cosmetics case, one like this with a flat bottom and lots of slots for brushes and let me tell you–game changer. A true treat. $60
2. Gold Bakeware Set: to make those famous chocolate chip cookies even more photogenic, but also, these cookie sheets are actually the best. $39 (on sale!)
3. Super Mom Tee: Wear it proud. $48
4. White Nike Sneakers: My current favorite shoes that I wear with everything from jeans, to shorts to dresses! $75
5. Band Ring Cool and fancy and practical, just like her. $18
6. Slim Bifold Wallet The kind that doesn’t zip so it won’t tear your receipts, but has all the card slots and change zippers. $78 (comes in 4 colors)
7. Lace trimmed Top For summer nights out. $68 (on sale!)
8. Greeting Card Subscription I love sending cards–how amazing to have them sent to your home every month to pass along to someone you’re thinking of. It’s the gift that keeps on giving. (starting at $3.99)
9. Car Phone Mount Necessary. My phone is way too heavy for any of the magnetic mounts and this one is so handy to have! $13
10. Huge Ceramic Vase Spotted in Target last weekend. It’s gooooood. And looks like a million bucks. Fill it with some fresh stems for bonus points. $24
11. Acacia Wood Tabletop Cheese Grater My mom believes that Italian food is the only food worth eating (haha!) and if you feel the same way then this beautiful grater is a household staple. It’s so beautiful, too. I got this for Chris recently and it’s sat on our countertop (or the table with fresh parm!) ever since. $14
12. Nude Scallop-trimmed leather Apple Watch Band An upgrade to the stock gray rubber band it came with! $42
13. Garden Kneeler $33 (on sale!)
See last year’s gift guide here!
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Over the weekend Brooke (our social media manager) and I went to the Parade of Homes in the Raleigh area and it was so fun to get a feel of how other people in our new area are living and living large! The purpose of the parade is so that home builders and designers can […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home