A few years ago, Chris and I started noticing a surge of influencers in every niche. And we also started seeing an uptick in the amount of requests from brands we were getting. We worked through them, started setting guidelines for ourselves, establishing our pricing and overall figuring things out as we went. Then two years ago, after one of our guest lectures at a local university where we answered hundreds of questions, it hit us–this needs to be an all-inclusive course. It was time that someone started talking about this as an actual career path and also, setting guidelines on how to do it correctly and ethically in a way that is sustainable for years and years. Good Influence(r) was born out of our desire to create and cultivate a group of influencers who were interested in best practices for their audiences and partners. And our very first course–Working With Brands–walks you through how to make this a legitimate, long-lasting career.
The course has been opened for a week (we quietly launched to work out any kinks–running smoothly!) and tomorrow, August 20th, enrollment for the Fall 2019 Semester of Good Influence(r)’s Working With Brands course will close! We want to make sure every student has the information and attention from us they need to be successful and grow their brand, so enrollment is limited and won’t open again until Winter semester.
With fourth quarter upon us (where many Influencers make nearly half of their entire annual income working with brands) there will not be a better time to jump into this course and start setting up your partnerships through the end of the year. Here’s just a few of the things you can expect to find in this training:
• 9 comprehensive course modules covering your role as an Influencer, how to find out who your audience is, what to charge, creating a media kit, and lots more
• 81 detailed charts showing what other Influencers are charging for various types of content, broken down by audience size, platform and niche
• Multiple Audio interviews from real brands, an Influencer Marketing Agency, and a Full-Service Ad Agency sharing what they look for in Influencers, what turns them off from working with them again and what keeps them coming back.
• Guided worksheets to keep your progress moving
• Real life email examples (from our own inbox!) and form emails you can use to reference any and every scenario you’ll come across working and negotiating with brands.
• Videos where we share real experiences we’ve had with partners, along with key takeaways
• 3 months of membership in the Good Influence(r)™ Working With Brands Mastermind Group
• Live Q&A’s with us (Chris & Julia) at the beginning and end of each semester where you can ask questions and receive specific feedback for your own brand and campaigns.
The content in this course is tailored to anyone trying to work with brands as an Influencer–it’s open to anyone, but we think it will be most beneficial to anyone with 5K-500K followers on any given platform. Most Influencers will make their money back after only one paid partnership.
Join us in becoming a Good Influence(r) and enroll here!
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
We’re welcoming fall by lighting up the evenings with the glow of our fire pit. In Idaho, fire pits were more of a summer evening event. Fall was too cold to be out in the evening without being bundled with a coat and blanket. It’s magically different here, and the subtle crisp evenings are just […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home