If you’re familiar with what a clam bake is, don’t compare this to that. This is closer to a low country seafood boil, but is done with vegetables, wrapped in tin foil and baked in the oven. And yes, it’s keto-friendly and super yummy. Though I use snow crab legs, you could use clams instead, or more shrimp, or even just sausage and no seafood. The world is your oyster! Unless you don’t like oysters.
Not like a clam bake. This is seafood and vegetables, wrapped in tin foil and baked in the oven. Keto-friendly and super yummy. And though I use snow crab legs, you could use clams instead, or more shrimp, or even just sausage and no seafood. The world is your oyster! Unless you don't like oysters.
For the packets
- 2 handfuls cherry tomatos
- 1 14oz can artichoke hearts
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts washed, cut in half
- 1 carton button mushrooms
- 2 medium zucchini sliced into 1in pieces
- 1 yellow onion cut into 12 segments
- 4-6 sausage links sliced into 1in pieces
- 7 garlic cloves peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp frozen, peeled, deveined
- 4-6 clusters snow crab legs frozen
- 2 lemons quartered
- 2-3 tbsp Tony Chacheres seasoning
- 2 cubes butter cut into 1/2 slices
- 4 tbsp olive oil
For the sauce
- 1 large avocado
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 small lemon juiced, seeds removed
- 1 1/2 cups drippings from foil packet
In a large bowl, combine all the packet ingredients except for the butter and olive oil. Toss to coat evenly with the seasoning and split the mix evenly between two medium-sized, deep foil trays. Set aside and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Once heated, cover the foil trays tightly with tin foil and slice two 1in slits in the top. Put in the oven and bake for 60-70 minutes.
During the last 5 minutes of cook time, in a blender combine the avocado, lemon, onion powder, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Remove the foil trays from the oven and, using a slotted spoon, scoop everything out of one of the trays into a clean, large bowl.
Pour the drippings from the foil packet into the blender with the avocado, lemon juice and spices. Blend until smooth.
Add the contents of the second foil tray to first in the large bowl. Pour over the avocado sauce and toss to coat evenly. Scoop everything out onto a platter and serve warm, with the remaining sauce in ramekins on the side.