Fun fact, coconut shrimp is delicious. Funner fact, it’s super easy to make. And this keto version will help any keto’ers stay on track with their healthy fats, without having to miss out on any of the amazing flavor this dish is known for.
Keto Coconut Shrimp with Creole Cocktail Sauce
For the Shrimp
- 2 lbs large shrimp peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup coconut flakes unsweetened
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
For the Creole Cocktail Sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp keto ketchup
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp coconut vinegar white wine works also
- 1-2 tsp Crystal hot sauce
- 1 tbsp horseradish
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Make the Creole cocktail sauce by whisking together all of the ingredients listed for it. Set aside.
- In a deep frying pan, add 1 cup of coconut oil and put it on medium heat, bringing it to approximately 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the coconut flour with the salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder. Mix together with a fork.
- Crack the eggs into a separate bowl and beat with a fork. Put the coconut flakes into a 3rd bowl.
- When the oil is ready for frying, prepare and fry the shrimp in small batches to prevent overcrowding. First dredge the shrimp in the seasoned flour, then coat with the egg, then the coconut flakes. Fry on each side for 45-60 seconds until golden brown.
- Cool on a drying rack so air can move around the shrimp and steam can escape. Serve warm with the cocktail sauce.