The majority of July we spent in sweats or swimming in hotels, but those sweats (and swimsuit!) happen to have made the list of my favorites in July so I think we’re calling it a win all around! Keep reading to see what else made this list!
1. Hera Chain Necklace $68 My bff, Kelsi, gave me this necklace so I’ve been wearing it non-stop (literally, I don’t take it off to workout, shower, swim, nada!) to remind me of her. It’s a staple and doesn’t ever look dull.
2. RevitaLash Eyelash Serum $150 Someone asked me what I use to curl my lashes and I don’t use anything and then I read that my lash serum also will subtly curl your lashes! Like, what?! So, yeah, thank you serum. *bats eyes*
3. High Waisted Jogger $20 Tell me the last time you wore sweat pants that went above your belly button, and down to your ankles are were perfectly loose, but slim. And then tell me why you don’t own these sweats yet.
4. Leesa Mattress $1999 We love love love our sleep number mattress, but literally every other bed in our home has a Leesa hybrid mattress. *the hybrid is important!* I just got another one for the guest house because many of our mattresses have not arrived from our last house yet (don’t get me started) and my mom can’t go 24 hours without telling me how comfortable the bed is. It’s true. Very comfy.
5. Fest Aviator Sunglasses $55 I really wanted to get on the delicate round sunglass trend and these sunglasses are the perfect gateway! They are so flattering and perfectly sized and I haven’t reached for my black square sunnies all month.
6. Car Phone Mount $10 I started using a car phone mount for recording stories in front of windows and it’s life changing for an influencer. Just passing that along.
7. StriVectin Anti Wrinkle Intensive Eye Cream $69 This eye cream is so light and moisturizing but also helps produce collagen! I noticed a difference within a week!
8. Olive Taper Candles $4 And that’s the price for 2! How could I not order 6? I love a warm colored taper.
9. Beige Cotton Curtains $24 The new Gap Home is as classic as you would expect and I love that their signature curtain is this beige textured lovely that comes in long lengths. A go to!
10. Candlesticks $48 I broke out these candlesticks for Polly’s birthday TOMORROW and they feel like sculptures on their own. Special and something that I’ll use over and over.
11. Heatherfield Bed $1918 Okay, here’s a secret. I ordered this bed for the guest house a couple weeks ago!!!! Ahhh!!! Isn’t it incredible? It won’t be here until October-ish, but it’s really going to set the tone for the whole space. There’s not much furniture that will fit in that space so I want every piece to feel special and this is all of that.
12. Amalfi One-Piece $95 Another confession. I saw Demi Moore wearing this swimsuit in a facebook ad and I ordered it right away. And it is SO COMFORTABLE and flattering. It has great lining to it. I didn’t adjust it ONCE all day. It’s full coverage, but the color makes me feel sexy, still. Honestly, I feel like Wendy Peffercorn when I wear it in the best way.
13. Teak Patio Chairs $1050 We got these chairs a few weeks before leaving Idaho and we have set them up in our back courtyard here and have spent nearly every evening on them. They are so comfortable and beautiful.
14. Short-Sleeve Sweater $35 The color and weight and PRICE of this top is too good to pass up. I wore it A LOT this month because it was the only shirt I had that wasn’t a t-shirt.
15. Crocs Rain Boots $35 Everyone said our girls needed rain boots for rain or walking around in the evenings in the wooded area of our house and they weren’t kidding! I got these sweet crocs and they are amazing, comfortable and we are feeling prepared.
16. Beach Tent $170 The ocean is just 2 hours from us so Saturday day trips to the beach are becoming a normal event around here. I did a ton of research and landed on this tent to pack with us and we couldn’t be happier! When packed, it’s not heavier, or larger that a camp chair and it takes just a few minutes to set up! We love it!
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Almost daily I get asked what I would call my home style. I don’t like to box myself in, but I definitely lean Modern Traditional with an emphasis on comfort when it comes to our home. This especially came up when I shared our Powder Bath Reveal on the blog. I think it changes slightly […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home