We’ve done a LOT of gift guides for her over the years (here, here, here, and here to name a few). So this year, I really wanted to focus on my personal favorites that I keep reaching for. Or gifts that meant a lot to me this year. These are tried and true. Tested and loved. A few personal favorites that would make excellent gifts–
1. Taylor Swift Folklore Record $53 – Since getting our record player, I have been gifted a few amazing records and every time, I am floored with the thoughtfulness. I got Folklore AND Deja Entendu for my birthday and now I want to gift someone else a record.
2. Wool-Blend Dad Coat $220 – You can’t go wrong with a camel colored calf length coat. I have one and I wear it with everything!
3. Toggle Chain Necklace $32 – My favorite necklace–the clasp is so pretty I don’t even mind when it comes in front.
4. MALIN+GOETZ Dark Rum Candle $55 – I. love. candles. But this scent takes the cake for me. Year round, it’s so welcoming and warm.
5. Burgundy Weekender $58 – I have tried so many makeup cases. But this one is my FAVORITE because it’s so organized inside and it can fit in a carry on or overnight bag easily. The color is pretty great, too!
6. Oversized Alpaca Crew $100 – A classic staple of a sweater to wear over and over.
7. Sorel Waterproof Bootie $119 – These boots are a shorter height making them fun to wear with jeans. They are TOASTY and the color scheme is so versatile. And also, if you have big feet like me, I swear they make your feet look so petite!
8. Dae Duo Shampoo & Conditioner Set $48 – I tried it. I looooovvveeee it. My hair is so silky smooth (and I went 8 days between washes!)
9. Beauty Counter Brightening Oil $69 – This is my number 1 beauty product this year. Every time I look glowy (or I want to), it’s thanks to this. I put it on every night and the smell is delicious.
10. Red Aspen Nail Dashes $13 – I’ve been wearing these press on nails for the last 6 weeks! They are easy to apply and inexpensive and the colors are spot on. I love the short ones best!
11. Lip Sleeping Mask $22 – I put this on religiously every night! Moisturized lips = plump lips. So I don’t skimp!
12. Apple Watch Band $19 – I switched out my apple watch band for this one earlier this year and it honestly felt like I got a new watch! I love the nod to a classic men’s watch and the mixed metals go with everything!
13. The Foldover Transport Tote $188 – A quality bag with a twist. I love this big bag and I alway get compliments on its uniqueness!
14. FOREO LUNA Mini 2 Facial Cleansing Brush $119 – I think I put this on every gift guide because it feels SO good on your face and I honestly think I owe it a big thank you for clearing up my skin this year!
I’ve been a bit stuck for what to get my lovely sister this year. The Foreo Luna was the perfect thing! Thank you! Might just have to ask Santa for that bag too…
My mind is a bit blown that you are a Brand New fan! We are around the same age so the timing is right.
Same! Love it.
I’m another fan!! Gonna have to go listen to them now… ????
I’ve been looking for a watch band like this for ages. Score! Also, those Sorels (so versatile and love how easy they slip on and off) make my size 7s look like children’s feet. They’re magical feet shrinkers for sure.
i’ve been using the laneige lip mask all year too and can testify! it’s amazing! my boyfriend also enjoys the end results ;)
very highly recommend!
FYI, the shampoo link is broken!
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
We recently painted our study a dark, moody green color. This is after we first painted it a muddy green, then repainted it a blue-gray. I guess what they say is true; third time’s a charm! The journey was worth it, though, because I’m so in love with this glossy green in contrast with the […]
We've been doing this since 2009 and we've posted a whopping 24145+ blog posts and counting. You might need a little help searching, huh?
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Welcome to our online community where we've posted home, DIY, style, renovations, and family since '09. Renovating our #cljmoderncottage in Idaho and headed for new adventures in Raleigh, NC. #cljfam #cljtransformations
Make yourself right at home
What do you think?