The flavors of summer are lemon, garlic, fresh herbs, and whatever the grill adds during cooking. This dish takes all of those and applies them to fresh peas and mushrooms, and it’s a winner.
Make this dish to go alongside any grilled protein, or eat by itself as a light lunch. It just works and will be a new favorite.
Grilled Sugar Snap Peas & Mushrooms
- 1 lb sugar snap peas washed
- 6-10 trumpet mushrooms cut lengthwise into quarters
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon zested, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh dill finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chives finely chopped
- Preheat your grill to 450 (or medium high) with grill basket in the center on the bottom grill grate.
- In a large bowl, toss together the peas, mushrooms, garlic, 1/2 tsp of lemon zest, olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Add the mix to the heated grill basket on the grill. Cook, tossing every few minutes, for 10-20 minutes, until the vegetables reach your desired texture. I like mine with a little bite still, and my grill is a little slower, so it takes about 15 minutes.
- Once done, add the vegetables to a bowl with the chopped herbs, a few pinches of lemon zest, and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Toss together, and serve warm. Enjoy!