We’re slowly getting started on Greta’s room. I thought for a long time about it, and I interviewed her about what she wanted (not a ton of help there!). Haha. And ultimately, I decided to go for a feminine schoolhouse feel. Of course some of this could evolve as we start putting things together, but here’s a mood board of where we’re headed:
1. I love the idea of doing 2/3 painted walls in her room, painting the top 1/3 the same fresh white as the ceiling. For the bottom part, we’re thinking a dusty blush color, but we’re waiting to see the duvet in person before we choose a paint color. It could end up yellow or sage green (oooo!) or even navy. Who knows!
2. Greta has proved that she is old enough to handle having some books and toys in her room without being up all night. We were just reminiscing on the days when we had to clear out all the toys every night and even unscrew her lightbulb so she would turn it on and off for hours. To celebrate, a bookshelf for storing some toys and books has her (and us) very excited!
3. We are moving her bed against the wall for more play space and love the idea of her having a wall lamp above her bed. She’s been asking for a lamp for a couple months, and this feels like a way that she can have one without me worrying about her knocking it over. Am I worrier? Maybe. I love this white one with gold accents.
4. This duvet was what started the whole room design. It has all of Greta’s favorite colors in it and it’s floral and it has a vintage flare to it. So sweet.
5. Obviously Greta isn’t representing any school just yet, but I love, love LOVE this pennant. My sister in law designed it in partnership with Oxford Pennants (so proud of her). It’s also a little whimsical as it is a nod to the good folks at Disney that helped to make all of us who we are today. Am I right?
6. I am going back and forth between a schoolhouse style light and this lovely white pendant with a gold interior. I am sure you understand the struggle.
7. A chalkboard is a must. I love how this one is lined for easy letter practice! I can’t wait to see Greta and her friends play school with it.
So that’s where we’re headed. We’re all ready to say goodbye to the blue walls in there and implement something more suitable for our girl. Can’t wait!
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Last week, Chris and I had the incredible opportunity to travel to London for work. We were invited by Williams Sonoma and William Morris and Co to preview their newest collaboration and the inspiration behind it. It was my first time in London and although it was a quick trip, they brought us all over […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home