Was June the most life-changing month I’ve ever experienced? Yes. But I feel like I’ve been talking about that day in and day out for 3 months now. So I wanted to to take a breather today and bid farewell to this month in a breezy way–by talking about 10 small things that I loved this month.
1. The Maggie Sandal $49 You know how sometime you just want a neutral sandal that can be dressed up and down and is lightweight and won’t flip flop about. Like, you could RUN AROUND in them because they are fastened to your foot. You could spend an entire day at an amusement park in these or wear them to church. These have been my everything sandal this month.
2. Fireproof Document Bag $16 Before the movers came, I put all of our important documents in this firesafe, waterproof bag and I’ve never felt more adult and responsible in my life. Our Social Security cards, passports, titles, birth certificates! I never knew peace of mind was so inexpensive.
3. Brass Bathroom Hardware Set $65 We never got around to renovating the basement bathroom in our last house, but right before we left, we updated the hardware–(it weirdly never had a toilet paper holder or towel hook. Just a floral towel rod hanging on one wall.) I was so impressed with this set from Amazon! It was affordable and substantial. You know, really heavy in the hand. We used the brass ones and it updated the bathroom so beautifully and fast!
4. Mixhers Hertime Tropical Coconut Lime $53 I have been sitting on this one since March because I wanted to make sure it really worked before I passed it on. I have PCOS and really painful ovulation and terrible mood swings around my period. I’ve been drinking one of these packets (I pour it in my water bottle) every day since March after two friends recommended it to me and I feel like a normal person! I told all of my nieces and sister in laws about it at our recent family reunion and that’s when I knew I was happy with the product and ready to share it with you. There’s a ton of different flavors but Coconut Lime in the Tropical lime is hands-down the BEST. It tastes amazing, is all natural and can be mixed with anything. I have it on a monthly subscription now, which knocks 20% off the price, and you can use code JULIA for an additional 10% off (I asked and they said you can stack it!). It took about 2 cycles for me to notice a difference, but now, I never want to be without it–it’s amazing.
5. Bare Minerals Gen Nude Eye Shadow Palette $29 I don’t wear eyeshadow a ton, but every time I do, it’s this and everyone compliments my makeup. I’m big on the Believer, Tribe and Native shades.
6. Flutter Sleeve Midi Dress $57 My Pap Pap passed after my closet was packed up and I needed a black dress to wear to the funeral. I had this dress shipped in two days to my aunt’s house in Pittsburgh (I sized up to a 6!) and it felt vintage and romantic and soft. Just like something my grandfather would have loved.
7. Drawstring Long Sweatshorts $55 I have been living in this set for a few weeks now (I only packed 5 outfits in my bag) and I have no regrets about it. The shorts go from day to night real easily (if you know what I mean). It’s comfortable and for some reason, when it’s a matching set–it feels a little more stylish. (here’s a link for the top!)
9. Stanley Tumbler $40 The cup heard round the world this month is my constant companion. My sidekick. The cup that I dump all of my mixhers in day in and day out. It restocked this month and sold out in about 22 minutes and then I had friends texting me and asking how they can get one. Ha! I don’t have any connection to the cup–I just know it’s the best and you should for sure sign up for restock notifications!
10. Alosoft Complete Tank $74 Back when I was sharing all of my favorite workout leggings, I bought this tank that has a built in shelf bra and padding. It was more than I had ever spent on a workout top (ever!), but I thought–if I don’t have to wear a bra then maybe that would justify the price. Turns out, the fit and feel COMPLETELY justify the price. Since spring I have worn it multiple times a week. I wash it and wear it the next morning and when we were packing for our trip to North Carolina, it was the first thing I threw in my bag. I have the dark heather gray color, but I’m getting more immediately! (I wear a small and the length and fit are perfect.)
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Last week, Chris and I had the incredible opportunity to travel to London for work. We were invited by Williams Sonoma and William Morris and Co to preview their newest collaboration and the inspiration behind it. It was my first time in London and although it was a quick trip, they brought us all over […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home