Back in 2018, we did a post called good looking ugly stuff because I’m the kind of person who is genuinely a happier person when every thing in our home, down to the color of the dish rag and the toilet plunger, is in harmony with one another aesthetically. Maybe that sounds extreme, but I challenge you to replace that lime green spatula that sticks out like a sore thumb with one that you intentionally choose for its form AND function and see how you feel (Both are possible and necessary)!
This week we’re talking all about purging and cleaning and organizing so I rounded up a few favorites to make organizing a little easier (and more beautiful). Sure, some things I would gladly rather hide it under the sink. But the truth is, everyone has these things! Although they are necessary, they don’t have to be ugly.
Here’s to another round-up of good looking ugly stuff!
1. OXO Food Storage Containers $49 Hands-down my favorite of the bunch.
2. All Purpose Scrub Brush $9 The handle. I feel like I need to leave it out it’s so cute.
3. Glass Canister $32 Goldfish, cotton balls, you name it.
4. Ivory Wastebasket $49 Your garbage deserves to feel pretty too.
5. Thin Apple Slicer $17 Thinner apple slices, mixed with the blade cover that we close to complete the slice fully during use.
6. Turntable $18 I have these everywhere. They’re perfect for under sinks or high pantry shelves.
7. Pantry Shelf Organizer $18 We love these for spices or canned foods.
8. Cashmere & Fig Hand Wash $30 One of my favorites! We tested 30 different hand soaps you can check out here.
9. Plastic Bins $30 These ones even come with lids for easy stacking.
10. Drying Rack $49 So I can stop hiding mine under the sink ;)
11. Bamboo Drawer Organizers $35 Really, everything from Marie Kondo’s line with The Container Store belongs in this round-up.
12. Rattan Basket $30 To corral all of the things.
13. Dish Brush Set $15 I love that it comes with a soap tray. Anything to make it easier on me and on the eyes.
14. Enameled First Aid Box $60 We’ve had this for years and I never want to live without it.
15. Microfiber Duster $12 The microfiber head is even machine washable.
16. Toilet Brush Holder $40 Have you seen a more aesthetically pleasing toilet brush?
Download the Calendar to follow along all month!
Learn: Love your home by being intentional with what you keep in it
Homework: It’s time to Purge
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
When you’re gearing up to try something new, whether it be jumping off a cliff into a cool lake, expecting your first child, or buying a new home, you need a cheerleader in your corner. You know, a hype girl saying you got this! It’s going to be great! You can do it! I’m here […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home